    of a laptop? Any suggestions.
    Thanks for the feedback.
    Bad Disciple

    Waka-baka, Nov 5, 2007

  2. Waka-baka

    Alex Clayton Guest

    "Waka-baka" <> wrote in message
    news:472fadb8$0$836$...
    > Hi everybody,
    >
    > I've got a laptop which runs with Windows XP Pro with SP1.
    > I wander is it ok if I install SP2 on it, given the particularity
    > of a laptop? Any suggestions.
    > Thanks for the feedback.
    > Bad Disciple

    How old? It should be no problem. I have a few laptops. All of them have all
    the MS updates.
    Moderation is for monks."
    [Lazarus Long]

    Alex Clayton, Nov 5, 2007

  3. Waka-baka

    Waka-baka Guest

    Yeah, it's a 2-3 years old IBM ThinkPad lap.

    Waka-baka, Nov 6, 2007
  4. Waka-baka

    Alex Clayton Guest

    "Waka-baka" <> wrote in message
    > Yeah, it's a 2-3 years old IBM ThinkPad lap.

    Should be no problem. A couple of my older laptops which were handed off to
    kids are still working fine and are older than that. They have all the
    updates MS has put out. Only thing that ever needed doing was add more RAM
    as they had originally come with 128 and 256. Once it was upped they still
    work fine. Are you using this on line? If so you should take the critical up
    dates. If you are not using it on line I guess it would not matter.
    --
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Benjamin
    Franklin

    Alex Clayton, Nov 6, 2007
  5. SP2 has been out for years, your ThinkPad should have it if your OS is not
    pirated. If your OS is pirated, you must buy an authorized copy in order to
    get SP2. You should have no problem putting SP2 onto your ThinkPad, but you
    may have a cost to do it.

    Jeff Strickland, Nov 6, 2007
  6. Waka-baka

    Waka-baka Guest

    Well, the XP was installed in the shop where I bought it
    but it has only SP1. On the other hand I've got myself
    a CD with SP2. So, of what I read, I understand it should
    be no problem with installing it.

    Waka-baka

    Waka-baka, Nov 8, 2007
  7. Waka-baka

    Boscoe Guest

    "Waka-baka" <> wrote in message
    > Well, the XP was installed in the shop where I bought it
    > but it has only SP1. On the other hand I've got myself
    > a CD with SP2. So, of what I read, I understand it should
    > be no problem with installing it.
    >
    > Waka-baka

    Well, I've been using Vista on my laptop for a couple of years, in various
    incarnations since the pre beta release, with relatively few problems. But
    that's another story.

    Boscoe, Nov 8, 2007
  8. Waka-baka

    HC Guest

    Both of my laptops that run WinXP (one Home, and one Pro) have SP2 with
    no problems. In fact I'm typing this from the XPHome machine now.

    I don't have (and never want) a full PC sized machine. Far too bulky and
    not terribly portable! LOL

    Hope this helps?

    HC, Nov 9, 2007
  9. Waka-baka

    HLS Guest

    I had a Compaq laptop that I tried to keep updated and it got me into a ton
    of poop.

    I called Compaq and they informed me not to do anything other than what they
    had loaded
    onto the machine.

    Luckily for me, the harddrive crashed and I beat the SOB to powder with a
    hammer and
    no longer have to worry about it.

    HLS, Dec 13, 2007