    apparently an SP2 related problem. Of course I could just skip SP2
    also I suppose

    Thanks

    John H. Power, Sep 14, 2004

  2. John H. Power

    Wizard Guest

    My guess would be it is due to the changes in XP's firewall which will
    just take some sorting out.

    Wizard, Sep 14, 2004

  3. On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 16:45:03 GMT, Wizard <>
    wrote:

    >My guess would be it is due to the changes in XP's firewall which will
    >just take some sorting out.
    >"John H. Power" wrote:
    >>
    >> I downloaded and installed SP2 on my home computers yesderday and I
    >> could no longer access the computers on my network although I did get
    >> my DSL internet connection on all computers. Should I uninstall and
    >> reinstall my networking software to resolve this problem?
    >>
    >> I did a system restore back to SP1 and everything worked fine so it is
    >> apparently an SP2 related problem. Of course I could just skip SP2
    >> also I suppose
    >>
    >> Thanks

    I thought that might be one explanation.

    John H. Power, Sep 14, 2004
  4. John H. Power

    Jerry G. Guest

    I would think you should have worked on the firewall in the SP2's
    configuration for this. Don't be surprised if you get a number of other
    issues with SP2. I know some people who had to completely uninstall it,
    and leave their machines with SP1 only.

    I am going to wait at least another 6 to 8 months before I seriously
    look at the latest issue of SP2 for my systems installations.

    --

    Jerry G.
    ======

    Jerry G., Sep 16, 2004
  5. John H. Power

    Duane Arnold Guest

    John H. Power <> wrote in

    > On Tue, 14 Sep 2004 16:45:03 GMT, Wizard <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>My guess would be it is due to the changes in XP's firewall which will
    >>just take some sorting out.
    >>"John H. Power" wrote:
    >>>
    >>> I downloaded and installed SP2 on my home computers yesderday and I
    >>> could no longer access the computers on my network although I did get
    >>> my DSL internet connection on all computers. Should I uninstall and
    >>> reinstall my networking software to resolve this problem?
    >>>
    >>> I did a system restore back to SP1 and everything worked fine so it

    is
    >>> apparently an SP2 related problem. Of course I could just skip SP2
    >>> also I suppose
    >>>
    >>> Thanks

    > I thought that might be one explanation.

    SP2's FW is enabled by default. And with any PFW solutions, one must set
    the FW rules to allow networking on the Windows Networking ports. You can
    disable SP2's FW, which will allow networking or set the FW rules to
    allow it.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Sep 16, 2004