    success. I do not have a bridge between my LAN and IEEE1394 which could
    create a conflict.

    I am out of ideas any suggestions?
    =?Utf-8?B?ZWR0YXkxOTY5?=, Mar 16, 2005

  2. I'm not sure if it's SP2 that caused it, but I have the same problem. I can
    get an internet connection with my laptop, but I cannot see other computers
    on the network (access denied, etc.). I've tried the same remedies you have
    and it still doesn't work. I can't use file sharing or a shared printer
    because of this. Anyone have any suggestions?

    =?Utf-8?B?c3RhY2V5bW9t?=, Mar 17, 2005

  3. Let's step through some things you should do to verify the connection:

    1. You can reach the internet from all our client computers, correct? If so,
    can you ping the other computers IP addresses ( you can find these addresses
    by issuing an C:\>ipconfig). Try ping each other to ensure that IP traffic
    can reach each other.

    2. You disabled all the firewalls. What type of firewalls? XPSP2 enables the
    MS firewall by default (Control Panel->Windows Firewall). You could turn
    this off for debugging purposes but I would ensure that I have it turned on
    once you've isolated the connectivity problem. If you have external
    firewalls such as ZoneAlarm, BlackIce etc I would ensure that are also
    disabled while you are debugging this issue. Lastly, make sure your router
    does not have firewall rules prohibiting traffic on the internal (or
    private) network.

    3. Ensure that you have a File and Printer sharing enabled on both computers
    (for now). Share one folder on each computer and check whether you can reach
    these shares from either client. If it works only from one client to the
    other, then you could narrow your troubleshooting to the blocking client.

    In closing, the MS firewall works pretty well and has been tested with these
    services/protocols. I've used ZoneAlarm as well (I like the pop-ups) so once
    you've got sharing working, you can start opening ports or permit
    applications as needed. Hope this helps.

    --
    Oliver
    This posting is provided "AS IS", with NO warranties and confers NO rights

    Oliver Saal [MS], Mar 28, 2005