    tia
    --
    Slack
    Slack, Aug 30, 2005

  2. Slack

    Toolman Tim Guest

    Re: I'm still scared

    Slack wrote:
    > Alright, I'm almost ready to take the leap into SP2... my system is
    > clean (no viruses or trojans). And all devices (knock on plastic) are
    > updated and ready to go.
    >
    > So, what last minute thing(s) should I do before launching (other than
    > back-up) the install?
    >
    > tia

    Nike.

    --
    Just do it.
    Toolman Tim, Aug 30, 2005

  3. Slack

    Ron Martell Guest

    Slack <> wrote:

    >Alright, I'm almost ready to take the leap into SP2... my system is
    >clean (no viruses or trojans). And all devices (knock on plastic) are
    >updated and ready to go.
    >
    >So, what last minute thing(s) should I do before launching (other than
    >back-up) the install?
    >
    >tia

    Service Pack 2 install preparation:

    While problems with SP2 are really not that common, it does appear
    that results are sometimes better if you install from the full SP2
    package rather than getting specific components via Windows Update.

    Order Windows XP Service Pack 2 on CD:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp2/cdorder/en_us/default.mspx

    Windows XP Service Pack 2 complete download:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...BE-3B8E-4F30-8245-9E368D3CDB5A&displaylang=en

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    http://aumha.org/alex.htm
    Ron Martell, Aug 30, 2005
  4. Slack

    fred-bloggs Guest

    Slack <> wrote in

    > Alright, I'm almost ready to take the leap into SP2... my system is
    > clean (no viruses or trojans). And all devices (knock on plastic) are
    > updated and ready to go.
    >
    > So, what last minute thing(s) should I do before launching (other than
    > back-up) the install?
    >
    > tia
    > --
    > Slack

    You might want to read
    Changes to Functionality in Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2

    You should also check for updates of any of your critical programs.

    --
    fred
    fred-bloggs, Aug 30, 2005
  5. Slack

    Shawn Guest

    Re: I'm still scared

    "Slack" <> wrote in message
    > Alright, I'm almost ready to take the leap into SP2... my system is clean
    > (no viruses or trojans). And all devices (knock on plastic) are updated
    > and ready to go.
    >
    > So, what last minute thing(s) should I do before launching (other than
    > back-up) the install?
    >
    > tia
    > --
    > Slack

    Pray
    Shawn, Aug 31, 2005
  6. What's in a Name?, Aug 31, 2005
  7. Slack

    Slack Guest

    Re: I'm still scared

    Shawn wrote:

    > "Slack" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Alright, I'm almost ready to take the leap into SP2... my system is clean
    >>(no viruses or trojans). And all devices (knock on plastic) are updated
    >>and ready to go.
    >>
    >>So, what last minute thing(s) should I do before launching (other than
    >>back-up) the install?
    >>
    >>tia
    >>--
    >>Slack