SP2 honked up wireless on Win XP laptop

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by JoeM, Mar 20, 2005.

  1. JoeM

    JoeM Guest

    My wireless network connection was working fine until I installed SP2 for
    WinXP. Since then it has been flakey even though it shows maximum signal
    strength. When I boot up or restart the computer it connects fine. If I
    disable and enable the wireless connection it fails when trying to obtain an
    IP address. It fails also if I try a repair. If I restart the computer it
    connects successfully. If I hibernate the computer it reconnects
    successfully if it was connected before the hibernation, but it fails if it
    had a problem before the hibernation. I also have increased problems
    connecting to other access points.

    What's happening and how do I fix it?

    My laptop is a Dell Latitude C610 with a Dell True Mobile 1150 mini PCI card
    (I believe that this is an Orinoco Gold). The 1150 driver is the latest on
    the Dell site (I was one rev behind when I applied SP2 and started getting
    the symptoms). I have the SSH Sentinel VPN client installed (to get IPSec
    without L2TP). I find no relevant entries in the event logs. Dell tech
    support has not provided any ideas.

    Thanks,

    Joe M
    JoeM, Mar 20, 2005

  2. JoeM

    JoeM Guest

    Please refer to new thread with the information I should have included in
    this post. I though it better to start clean. Sorry, Joe M
    JoeM, Mar 20, 2005