    --
    Steve
    (x64man)

    =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmU=?=, Jul 2, 2006

  2. Yes.
    That is the one I downloaded, burned and installed from XP x64.

    --
    Asus P5WDG2-WS (i975X Express)
    P4 3.73 GHz EE

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyYXRvbm1hbm5lbg==?=, Jul 2, 2006

  3. For standalone, yes.

    Please keep in mind that this is a beta release and as such should not be
    used on production systems. And that this public newsgroup is not the
    location to discuss problems with it. There are beta newsgroups which is set
    up specifically for the beta.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 2, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmU=?=

    Jane C Guest

    Speaking of beta newsgroups...I can't find them :( I have my Connect ID,
    active status for the SP2 Beta, but the only newgroup that appears to me on
    betanews.microsoft.com is microsoft.betanews.system.announcements..........

    --
    Jane, not plain ;) 64bit enabled ;)
    Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation ;)

    Jane C, Jul 2, 2006

    =?Utf-8?B?YW5nZWxhLmxhbmRpQGFqYXRvLmNvbS5icg==?=, Jul 2, 2006
  6. Jane:
    Charlie suffers the "Beta reluctance syndrome"
    The rest of us are enjoying Office 2007 beta, Internet Explorer Beta 7 and...
    :)
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jul 2, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmU=?=

    Don Awalt Guest

    Jane C wrote:
    > Speaking of beta newsgroups...I can't find them :( I have my Connect
    > ID, active status for the SP2 Beta, but the only newgroup that appears
    > to me on betanews.microsoft.com is
    > microsoft.betanews.system.announcements..........

    I can't find either - same situation as you..

    Don Awalt, Jul 3, 2006
  8. Have you tried to click Reset List in the Newsgroups Subscriptions?
    Do that and you have the Newsgroups for SP2.

    /Max

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFyYXRvbm1hbm5lbg==?=, Jul 3, 2006
  9. =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmU=?=

    Jane C Guest

    I've tried that several times and it makes no difference at all. Still only
    the system.announcements shows up :( Unless it's a bug in Windows Mail ;o)

    Jane C, Jul 3, 2006
  10. You have to reset on the right servers. Not this one, but the
    betanews.microsoft.com.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 3, 2006
  11. =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmU=?=

    Jane C Guest

    That's the one I've been trying to reset on.....and it doesn't want to play
    with me :(

    Jane C, Jul 3, 2006
  12. Actually, no, I'm running this beta. You'll NEVER get me to run an office
    beta. And as for IE7, I'm running it on Vista, but not on XP until we
    resolve the DQSD incompatibility. When that's solved, I'll switch in a
    heartbeat.

    I regularly run betas of multiple operating systems. But I won't run
    anything that I think is unstable, has the potential for data corruption, or
    is just too painful to use. Office 2k7 fits all three of those no-no
    categories. Yech, what a POS. It broke every single keystroke macro I had,
    and it is slow and awkward to use.

    My main point was to make sure that folks at least THINK about the risks.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 3, 2006
  13. If you got the beta invitation, figure about 48 hours before you see the
    newsgroups. AND you'll need to reset your list of newsgroups - it won't show
    else. Just one of those annoyances with the beta newsgroups.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 3, 2006
  14. It should show up within 48 hours or so after you get the download showing.
    But it's a holiday weekend there, so who knows. If you don't see the NG by
    mid day monday, send email to the beta admin. (email me off line if you
    don't have that address, Jane.)

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 3, 2006
  15. =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmU=?=

    Jane C Guest

    Thanks Charlie :)

    Jane C, Jul 3, 2006
  16. Check your email. I hope I stripped it down correctly.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 3, 2006
  17. =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmU=?=

    Jane C Guest

    Colin, I think the email gremlins must have struck again!! I know a few
    emails from various places haven't arrived, not sure if some have our
    webhosts domain blocked (Qantas couldn't email me, and mail from Skype never
    got through).

    Hotmail addy now in place instead.

    Jane C, Jul 4, 2006
  18. Email me the addy. The same one is showing in this post as the last.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 4, 2006
  19. =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmU=?=

    Guest Guest

    Reminder: You are Under a Service Pack 2 Beta NDA.

    Guest, Jul 16, 2006
  20. What's up with you, KevPain? Are you the NDA police?

    The existance of sp2 beta is public knowledge. Anyone could go to Microsoft
    Connect and see it listed under Available Connections when it was open.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 16, 2006