    Costco and Wal-Mart shopping - still DL when I
    returned. About 5 hours! Everything OK and all is well
    but has anyone else had this problem?

    claw, Aug 26, 2004

  2. claw wrote:

    > Not a big deal but wanted to ask anyhow.

    > Running XP Pro on Cox broadband.
    > Checked into MS and downloaded SP2. Usually DL's
    > go fast but it took soooo long. Went to Best Buy,
    > Costco and Wal-Mart shopping - still DL when I
    > returned. About 5 hours! Everything OK and all is well
    > but has anyone else had this problem?

    I'm guessing here: probably everyone who's downloading that huge file
    as soon as it's available and competing for bandwidth at the servers.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263

    Stateful Adaptive Packet Destruction Enterprise-Class Gigabit
    Intrusion Prevention System: http://snipurl.com/8j5d

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 26, 2004

  3. claw

    ICee Guest

    claw wrote:
    > Not a big deal but wanted to ask anyhow.
    >
    > Running XP Pro on Cox broadband.
    > Checked into MS and downloaded SP2. Usually DL's
    > go fast but it took soooo long. Went to Best Buy,
    > Costco and Wal-Mart shopping - still DL when I
    > returned. About 5 hours! Everything OK and all is well
    > but has anyone else had this problem?

    No problem here with cable. 94 MB downloaded in about 10 minutes, then
    took about another 10 minutes to install.

    ICee, Aug 26, 2004
  4. claw

    claw Guest

    My thoughts too Blinky - or perhaps MS was sending it
    to me real slowwww so as to not make any errors ;)
    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    : claw wrote:
    :
    : > Not a big deal but wanted to ask anyhow.
    :
    : > Running XP Pro on Cox broadband.
    : > Checked into MS and downloaded SP2. Usually DL's
    : > go fast but it took soooo long. Went to Best Buy,
    : > Costco and Wal-Mart shopping - still DL when I
    : > returned. About 5 hours! Everything OK and all is well
    : > but has anyone else had this problem?
    :
    : I'm guessing here: probably everyone who's downloading that huge file
    : as soon as it's available and competing for bandwidth at the servers.
    :
    : --

    claw, Aug 26, 2004
  5. claw wrote:

    > My thoughts too Blinky - or perhaps MS was sending it
    > to me real slowwww so as to not make any errors ;)

    Or hoping they might have it fixed by the time you got to
    the end. ;)

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 26, 2004
  6. ICee wrote:
    > claw wrote:
    >> Not a big deal but wanted to ask anyhow.

    >> Running XP Pro on Cox broadband. Checked into MS and downloaded SP2.
    >> Usually DL's go fast but it took soooo long. Went to Best Buy,
    >> Costco and Wal-Mart shopping - still DL when I returned. About 5
    >> hours! Everything OK and all is well but has anyone else had this
    >> problem?

    > No problem here with cable. 94 MB downloaded in about 10 minutes,
    > then took about another 10 minutes to install.

    Yeah, but he was downloading the special box set of SP2 Platinum, with
    the bonus DVDs with coders' commentary. And outtakes. No, wait...those
    aren't outtakes; those are features. I forgot.

    Blinky the Shark, Aug 26, 2004
  7. claw

    Unk Guest

    On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 21:18:49 -0700, "claw" <> wrote:

    >Not a big deal but wanted to ask anyhow.
    >
    >Running XP Pro on Cox broadband.
    >Checked into MS and downloaded SP2. Usually DL's
    >go fast but it took soooo long. Went to Best Buy,
    >Costco and Wal-Mart shopping - still DL when I
    >returned. About 5 hours! Everything OK and all is well
    >but has anyone else had this problem?

    No problem here. Downloaded the entire 266 MB file in under 15 minutes.
    Already slipstreamed it to CD too.

    Unk, Aug 26, 2004
  8. claw

    ICee Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > ICee wrote:
    >> claw wrote:
    >>> Not a big deal but wanted to ask anyhow.

    >>> Running XP Pro on Cox broadband. Checked into MS and downloaded
    >>> SP2. Usually DL's go fast but it took soooo long. Went to Best Buy,
    >>> Costco and Wal-Mart shopping - still DL when I returned. About 5
    >>> hours! Everything OK and all is well but has anyone else had this
    >>> problem?

    >> No problem here with cable. 94 MB downloaded in about 10 minutes,
    >> then took about another 10 minutes to install.

    > Yeah, but he was downloading the special box set of SP2 Platinum, with
    > the bonus DVDs with coders' commentary. And outtakes. No,
    > wait...those aren't outtakes; those are features. I forgot.

    LOL

    ICee, Aug 26, 2004