    javascript, but no problem on the web. That seems to me to be what's
    happening, any other comments?

    John
    John Potter, Sep 3, 2004

  2. John Potter

    Rob Guest

    John Potter <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > MSIE after SP2 displays a warning on loading a local web page with
    > javascript, but no problem on the web. That seems to me to be what's
    > happening, any other comments?
    >
    > John

    Dunno, but I'm having a problem which I think may be SP2 related. I
    am managing a number of SharePoint sites and when I connect to one of
    the Local Intranet zoned sites, IE refuses to download the .HTC files
    for it. Consequently, all the DHTML behaviours fail and make the site
    really hard to use.

    Now, if I browse to the site from Windows 2003 Server or a non-SP2 XP
    box, it works fine.

    Even weirder is that I can download the HTC files from Internet zone
    sites.
    Rob, Sep 7, 2004

  3. John Potter

    Rob Guest

    (Rob) wrote in message news:<>...
    > John Potter <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > > MSIE after SP2 displays a warning on loading a local web page with
    > > javascript, but no problem on the web. That seems to me to be what's
    > > happening, any other comments?
    > >
    > > John

    > Dunno, but I'm having a problem which I think may be SP2 related. I
    > am managing a number of SharePoint sites and when I connect to one of
    > the Local Intranet zoned sites, IE refuses to download the .HTC files
    > for it. Consequently, all the DHTML behaviours fail and make the site
    > really hard to use.
    >
    > Now, if I browse to the site from Windows 2003 Server or a non-SP2 XP
    > box, it works fine.
    >
    > Even weirder is that I can download the HTC files from Internet zone
    > sites.

    Sorted it out. My security settings for the Intranet zone were
    custom. in particular, the "ActiveX Controls and plug-ins" section
    has a setting for "Binary and script behaviours" which was set to
    disabled. Resetting my secureoty settings to Medium Low fixed it.
    Rob, Sep 21, 2004