    Is it coming out today?

    --
    Hugh

    Kue2, Mar 4, 2008

  2. Do you see an announcement someplace? Is WU offering it to you? I don't
    see any announcement. Since I got SP1 x64 via WU a couple of weeks ago on
    the day it was available briefly, I cannot tell from WU.

    Colin Barnhorst, Mar 4, 2008

  3. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    Hi Colin
    How you doing out west..........

    no to all your questions just wondering if it was delayed........this is the
    first Tuesday of the month.........

    Big storm headed our way 15-30cm of snow........just outside Ottawa
    Ontario....

    Kue2, Mar 4, 2008
  4. Kue2

    Carlos Guest

    Hugh,
    No SP1 news down here either.
    But isn't MSFT "SuperTuesday" the 2nd Tuesday of each month?
    There's still one week to go in order to answer your question.
    I am not that excited with SP1 because I have found that most (or all) of
    the improvement patches have been offered through WU in the last months.
    Rainy summer day with 15 degs C in Rio Grande.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Mar 4, 2008
  5. Kue2

    Ralph Guest

    Ralph, Mar 4, 2008
  6. Moderate weather in Colorado this week. Seasonal.

    I haven't seen any change to Mike Nash's original announcement that, "We are
    going to stage our rollout of SP1 for current Windows Vista users to be
    approximately concurrent with the availability of Windows Vista SP1 on new
    PCs and in stores." I have no idea where that is, but the rollout does not
    appear to be on a date but based on more general conditions.

    Colin Barnhorst, Mar 4, 2008
  7. Kue2

    Theo Guest

    http://windowsvistablog.com/blogs/w.../03/language-packs-and-windows-vista-sp1.aspx

    Language Packs and Windows Vista SP1

    Posted by Nick White on Monday, March 03, 2008 1:24 PM 13
    Comments
    Tags: Featured News, Windows Update, SP1, Windows Vista SP1,
    Language Packs
    We have some information we'd like to share in regards to
    Windows Vista SP1 and folks running Language Packs. Some of
    you may have noticed that after installing Windows Vista SP1
    on Windows Vista Ultimate - the Language Packs fail to
    appear on Windows Update (KB947875).

    We will be releasing Windows Vista SP1 in two "waves". The
    first wave will only provide Windows Vista SP1 to Windows
    Vista Ultimate PCs running the following 5 Languages:
    English, French, German, Japanese and Spanish. The second
    wave will follow shortly after - supporting all 36 languages.

    For Windows Update, PCs running the 5 initial languages from
    the first wave only will be provided with Windows Vista SP1.
    PCs running Windows Vista Ultimate with any of the other
    Language Packs installed will not be offered Windows Vista
    SP1 through Windows Update until they are released. Once the
    Language Packs are released, Windows Vista SP1 will then be
    offered for installation.

    When installing Windows Vista SP1 from the standalone
    installer, the standalone installer will only install on
    Windows Vista Ultimate running any of the 5 languages from
    the first wave. When installing Windows Vista SP1 on Windows
    Vista Ultimate with a Language Pack that is not one of the 5
    initial Language Packs supported - you will get the
    following error (KB947876) when attempting to install
    Windows Vista with the standalone installer:

    Windows Vista Service Pack 1 cannot be installed on
    your computer because the language of Windows Vista you have
    installed is not supported or you have installed a language
    pack that is not supported.

    Windows Vista Service pack 1 can only be installed on
    computers running the English, French, German, Japanese and
    Spanish versions of Windows Vista or computers running only
    those language packs.

    This means if you are running a Language Pack that is not
    one of the 5 initial Language Packs you will not be able to
    install Windows Vista SP1 until the other Language Packs are
    released.

    But not to worry - the Language Packs are on their way. We
    will have more information on exactly when very shortly so
    stay tuned!

    Theo, Mar 4, 2008
  8. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    I have not got the sp1 pre loaded anymore. I been running with the updates
    applied through windows updates. In the last month I have not had a
    hiccup.........so to speak.
    It appears most of "The serious Bugs" are getting ironed out. My tray icons
    seem to come & go........I never know which will turn up in the tray or not
    on each reboot.
    I sometimes have to "log off-log-on" to get all icons to appear.
    The other thing I experience here is the views constantly change in
    Folders........folders do not save the view I set. I also noticed these same
    things happening in Vista (x86) on my wife's machine.
    Other than that....seems things are running smooth.
    My wife just got a new laptop,so this desktop is totally mine....lol.
    I ve been busy helping her get the HP-Laptop DV9728 set-up & tweaked. The
    local networking works very well in Vista.I been able to send her all the
    files she wants wirelessly. She also prints wirelessly to the Kodak Printer
    (5500). One of the best printers I have ever owned.
    She has Vista (x86) & I have Vista (x64).

    Waiting for the days of 15 c ...........{:)))
    Thinking about buying another desktop for myself,so been busy looking at
    specs.
    Any recommendations ?

    Kue2, Mar 4, 2008
  9. Kue2

    Carlos Guest

    Hugh,
    Buying a new PC is like buying a new car.
    What are you going to use it for?
    For your needs or to arise as much envy as you can from your neighbour?
    After many years I must say that I am satisfied with my current Vista x64
    hardware.
    AMD 6000+ x2 processor, 4 gigs of DDR-2 667 MHz RAM, 2 RAID-0 220 gigs
    Western Digital SATA2 HD's, and a brand new XFX8800GT Alpha Dog Edition video
    card.
    I get 5.9 in all Vista Performance Indexes (is that the translation into
    English?) except for the uP in a "lowly" 5.4. :)
    Monitor is a chinese AOC 19 inches LCD, wide screen.
    And yes, I do like to brag about my rig!
    Carlos

    Carlos, Mar 5, 2008
  10. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    That's what I want to get...............must be fast.....how much memory on
    the video card? Did you put the system together yourself?
    What is this:except for the uP in a "lowly" 5.4.?

    Thks

    Kue2, Mar 5, 2008
  11. Kue2

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Tue, 4 Mar 2008 21:21:46 -0500, "Kue2" <> wrote:

    >What is this:except for the uP in a "lowly" 5.4.?

    microProcessor (think Carlos made a competition, and whoever guesses it
    right, he'll buy a nice bottle of wine on their visit to the deep down
    south :)) )

    jh

    Jud Hendrix, Mar 5, 2008
  12. Kue2

    Carlos Guest

    Jud,
    You surely got it right!
    I was just joking about 5.4 being a low score, it is surely high.
    Regarding the video memory question of Hugh it is 512 MB DD3.
    The Alpha Dog Edition of the XFX card is a factory superoverclocked version.
    GPU (Graphic Processor Unit) stock clock is 600 MHz and in this edition it
    runs at 670 MHz.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Mar 5, 2008