    I use Outlook from Office for email. However I use Express as my
    newsreader, if I install SP-3 would I still be able to use Express?
    Thanks,

    JJ, May 7, 2008

  2. I'm running XP Home and installed SP3. Therer has been no change to Internet
    Explorer 6, or Outlook Express. I do not use Outlook at all, I only use
    Outlook Express.

    Jeff Strickland, May 7, 2008

  3. JJ

    JJ Guest

    Thanks, downloaded and installed SP3 and no problems at all. Outlook
    Express still works fine, unlike what one of posters said that the download
    installs Microsoft Mail and removes Express.

    JJ, May 7, 2008
  4. I read that as well. I looked at the stuff that came with SP3, and somewhere
    in all of that I thought I fgound a solution to my Vista machine on my
    network not being able to connect to the laser printer jon my XP Home
    machine. (I have not tried to see if this is resolved, but I am hoping it
    is.) I also read (here in the newsgroup) where SP3 would install IE7, which
    I have resisted doing. SP3 did not install IE7.

    Jeff Strickland, May 7, 2008
  5. JJ

    JJ Guest

    I bit the bullet and had previously installed IE-7, so that was no biggie.
    I use Mozilla for almost everything but there are a few sites that it
    doesn't work with and then I use IE7. Once I got used to it, it really
    isn't that bad. But again, I only use it occasionally.
    Joe

    JJ, May 7, 2008