    Am stuck and request help.
    Thank you,
    Seamus J. Wilson
    Seamus J. Wilson, Mar 10, 2009

  2. Seamus J. Wilson

    Keyser Söze Guest

    Seamus J. Wilson <> wrote in message
    news:e3utl.33088$:

    > A system using a Soyo KT600 Dragon Ultra mainboard suddenly boots to
    > the soyo screen and stops. Multiple restarts has same problem. I
    > resecured all cables and cards with no good effects. Boots only to
    > Soyo screen. Using 3 IDE drives with CD drive and 2gb ram and XP
    > Home. Am stuck and request help.
    > Thank you,
    > Seamus J. Wilson

    Have you tried F8 boot menu and tried LKG? Or don't you get that far?

    --
    Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to
    an understanding of ourselves. Jung

    In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties,
    Keyser Söze, Mar 10, 2009

  3. "Seamus J. Wilson" <> wrote in message
    >A system using a Soyo KT600 Dragon Ultra mainboard suddenly boots to the
    >soyo screen and stops. Multiple restarts has same problem. I resecured
    >all cables and cards with no good effects. Boots only to Soyo screen.
    >Using 3 IDE drives with CD drive and 2gb ram and XP Home.
    > Am stuck and request help.
    > Thank you,
    > Seamus J. Wilson

    Had a similiar problem. Turned out, after testing RAM at the shop, that the
    motherboard was pooched. In which case, everything else may be fine.
    Zu Arsschlaark!, Mar 10, 2009
  4. Seamus J. Wilson

    chuckcar Guest

    "Seamus J. Wilson" <> wrote in

    > A system using a Soyo KT600 Dragon Ultra mainboard suddenly boots to the
    > soyo screen and stops. Multiple restarts has same problem. I resecured
    > all cables and cards with no good effects. Boots only to Soyo screen.
    > Using 3 IDE drives with CD drive and 2gb ram and XP Home.
    > Am stuck and request help.
    > Thank you,
    > Seamus J. Wilson

    1. Remove all but one stick of RAM, a keyboard - PS/2 *only*, A video card
    - that too if it has onboard. *Including* the drive cables. Go into the
    BIOS screen - should be displayed on the "soyo" screen (it's the BIOS
    screen actually). Set hard drives to autodetect. Save changes and reboot.
    When you get the BIOS screen again, turn it off and connect *one* hard
    drive only. Report progress from this here.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Mar 10, 2009
  5. Thank you for the helpful responses. I opened the box, reseated all cards,
    ram and cables and system has consistently booted up. Hope luck continues.
    Best,
    Seamus J.

    Seamus J. Wilson, Mar 10, 2009
  6. Seamus J. Wilson

    chuckcar Guest

    "Seamus J. Wilson" <> wrote in
    > "chuckcar" <> wrote in message
    >> "Seamus J. Wilson" <> wrote in
    >>
    >>> A system using a Soyo KT600 Dragon Ultra mainboard suddenly boots to
    >>> the soyo screen and stops. Multiple restarts has same problem. I
    >>> resecured all cables and cards with no good effects. Boots only to
    >>> Soyo screen. Using 3 IDE drives with CD drive and 2gb ram and XP Home.
    >>> Am stuck and request help.
    >>> Thank you,
    >>> Seamus J. Wilson

    >> 1. Remove all but one stick of RAM, a keyboard - PS/2 *only*, A video
    >> card - that too if it has onboard. *Including* the drive cables. Go
    >> into the BIOS screen - should be displayed on the "soyo" screen (it's
    >> the BIOS screen actually). Set hard drives to autodetect. Save changes
    >> and reboot. When you get the BIOS screen again, turn it off and connect
    >> *one* hard drive only. Report progress from this here.

    > Thank you for the helpful responses. I opened the box, reseated all
    > cards, ram and cables and system has consistently booted up. Hope luck
    > continues. Best,

    Loose connection I guess. Most likely a drive cable. If you have problems,
    the first thing to do is remove *everything* you can. That allows you to
    add in one at a time and find out *exactly* what isn't working. BTW if you
    just let it sit, eventually it *will* state the problem in a case like
    this. Hard drives take the longest.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Mar 11, 2009