    video-hungry broadband users....

    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
    Malcolm, Aug 23, 2007

  2. Malcolm

    Mutlley Guest

    Malcolm <> wrote:

    >http://www.stuff.co.nz/4175695a13.html
    >
    >The Southern Cross Cable that carries most telecommunications traffic
    >to and from New Zealand, Australia and the United States will be nearly
    >doubled in capacity to cope with a surge in demand for bandwidth from
    >video-hungry broadband users....

    Really. Have I missed something here. When did IPTV startup here
    with access to UK and US TV network content??
    Mutlley, Aug 23, 2007

  3. Malcolm

    sam Guest

    Mutlley wrote:
    > Malcolm <> wrote:
    >
    >> http://www.stuff.co.nz/4175695a13.html
    >>
    >> The Southern Cross Cable that carries most telecommunications traffic
    >> to and from New Zealand, Australia and the United States will be nearly
    >> doubled in capacity to cope with a surge in demand for bandwidth from
    >> video-hungry broadband users....

    > Really. Have I missed something here. When did IPTV startup here
    > with access to UK and US TV network content??

    No, you just had a narrow preconception of what video hungry broadband
    users means.
    Youtube, p2p, Bittorrent, tv series as usenet binaries, video podcast
    subscriptions etc all use bandwidth
    sam, Aug 23, 2007
  4. Malcolm

    peterwn Guest

    Malcolm wrote:
    > http://www.stuff.co.nz/4175695a13.html
    >
    > The Southern Cross Cable that carries most telecommunications traffic
    > to and from New Zealand, Australia and the United States will be nearly
    > doubled in capacity to cope with a surge in demand for bandwidth from
    > video-hungry broadband users....

    And to carry 'trumbone' traffic and traffic from NZ sites hosted
    offshore thanks to the de-peering Balkanization by the major
    telecommunication players.
    peterwn, Aug 23, 2007
  5. Malcolm

    Gordon Guest

    On 2007-08-23, sam <> wrote:
    > Mutlley wrote:
    >> Malcolm <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> http://www.stuff.co.nz/4175695a13.html
    >>>
    >>> The Southern Cross Cable that carries most telecommunications traffic
    >>> to and from New Zealand, Australia and the United States will be nearly
    >>> doubled in capacity to cope with a surge in demand for bandwidth from
    >>> video-hungry broadband users....

    >> Really. Have I missed something here. When did IPTV startup here
    >> with access to UK and US TV network content??

    > No, you just had a narrow preconception of what video hungry broadband
    > users means.
    > Youtube, p2p, Bittorrent, tv series as usenet binaries, video podcast
    > subscriptions etc all use bandwidth

    Yes, so did you posting and as did mine.

    Look at the roads, one car per person more offten than not.

    I have no problem in how everyone else wishes to use the connection, as long
    as they pay for the space they use
    Gordon, Aug 24, 2007