Sources for Vintage (Old) TV Programs

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Richard Cranium, Jul 16, 2009.

  1. What are good sources for copies of older TV programs? They are
    usually VHS tapes made from kinescope versions. One I'm looking for
    is "Ten From Your Show of Shows" - a 1973 compilation of classic Sid
    Caeser show skits. I had a copy from the HBO airing years ago, but
    it's been rendered unviewable. Ebay had one seller asking $40 - way
    beyond my desire for the show. TIA.
    Richard Cranium, Jul 16, 2009
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. On Thu, 16 Jul 2009 20:13:56 GMT, (Richard Cranium)
    wrote:

    >What are good sources for copies of older TV programs? They are
    >usually VHS tapes made from kinescope versions. One I'm looking for
    >is "Ten From Your Show of Shows" - a 1973 compilation of classic Sid
    >Caeser show skits. I had a copy from the HBO airing years ago, but
    >it's been rendered unviewable. Ebay had one seller asking $40 - way
    >beyond my desire for the show. TIA.



    http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_d?url=search-alias=dvd&field-keywords=Cid Ceasar&x=20&y=24

    Even new they are like $30, so if they are Out of Print and you find
    one used, it will likely be higher than the original price.

    Fry's actually has very good in-store selections, but they only list
    one online, and it is cheaper than Amazon's. All are different though,
    so if you do not have them there they are.

    http://www.frys.com/product/4516477?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG
    AwlSome Auger, Jul 17, 2009
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. On Thu, 16 Jul 2009 16:46:29 -0700, AwlSome Auger
    <> wrote:

    >On Thu, 16 Jul 2009 20:13:56 GMT, (Richard Cranium)
    >wrote:
    >
    >>What are good sources for copies of older TV programs? They are
    >>usually VHS tapes made from kinescope versions. One I'm looking for
    >>is "Ten From Your Show of Shows" - a 1973 compilation of classic Sid
    >>Caeser show skits. I had a copy from the HBO airing years ago, but
    >>it's been rendered unviewable. Ebay had one seller asking $40 - way
    >>beyond my desire for the show. TIA.

    >
    >
    >http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_d?url=search-alias=dvd&field-keywords=Cid Ceasar&x=20&y=24
    >
    > Even new they are like $30, so if they are Out of Print and you find
    >one used, it will likely be higher than the original price.
    >
    > Fry's actually has very good in-store selections, but they only list
    >one online, and it is cheaper than Amazon's. All are different though,
    >so if you do not have them there they are.
    >
    >http://www.frys.com/product/4516477?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG


    Thanks. The Sid Caesar Collection videos are available on DVD. In
    fact, they are available from Netflix as well as in Public Library
    collections. The one I'm looking for (Ten From Your Show of Shows)
    appears to only be a VHS tape and does not show up for rental anywhere
    that I've searched so far.
    Richard Cranium, Jul 17, 2009
    #3
  4. On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 00:05:19 GMT, (Richard Cranium)
    wrote:

    >
    >Thanks. The Sid Caesar Collection videos are available on DVD. In
    >fact, they are available from Netflix as well as in Public Library
    >collections. The one I'm looking for (Ten From Your Show of Shows)
    >appears to only be a VHS tape and does not show up for rental anywhere
    >that I've searched so far.



    All ten of them may very well be included in those that are available.
    So instead of releasing the VHS production again, they just released what
    they did, because those shows are already in there somewhere. Perhaps.
    AwlSome Auger, Jul 17, 2009
    #4
  5. On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 05:48:42 -0700, AwlSome Auger
    <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 00:05:19 GMT, (Richard Cranium)
    >wrote:
    >
    >>
    >>Thanks. The Sid Caesar Collection videos are available on DVD. In
    >>fact, they are available from Netflix as well as in Public Library
    >>collections. The one I'm looking for (Ten From Your Show of Shows)
    >>appears to only be a VHS tape and does not show up for rental anywhere
    >>that I've searched so far.

    >
    >
    > All ten of them may very well be included in those that are available.
    >So instead of releasing the VHS production again, they just released what
    >they did, because those shows are already in there somewhere. Perhaps.



    Wish that were the case - but unfortunately, it's not. I've rented
    the former DVDs previously, but the ten skits are not there.
    Richard Cranium, Jul 17, 2009
    #5
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. WormWood

    Vintage Film

    WormWood, Feb 14, 2005, in forum: Computer Support
    Replies:
    5
    Views:
    534
    WormWood
    Feb 14, 2005
  2. Scott

    Vintage Photo System

    Scott, Oct 14, 2003, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    390
    Michael Meissner
    Oct 15, 2003
  3. David Jefferson

    The Who - Vintage Slide Restoration

    David Jefferson, Dec 2, 2003, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    364
    Canopus
    Dec 2, 2003
  4. gt

    "vintage" 20 MP digi cam

    gt, Jan 7, 2004, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    350
    mcgyverjones
    Jan 7, 2004
  5. Giuen
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    730
    Giuen
    Sep 12, 2008
Loading...

Share This Page