    the top menu bar.

    www.sourceforge.net won't work either.

    Is it just me / paradise, or does it not work for anyone?
    Craig Shore, Aug 13, 2005

  2. Craig Shore

    Legs Guest

    Craig Shore wrote:
    > Can anyone here access this site,
    > http://fma.sourceforge.net/index2.htm
    >
    > I think I remember someone posting here that they couldn't access
    > sourceforge from Paradise. I can't get the above page to load except
    > the top menu bar.
    >
    > www.sourceforge.net won't work either.
    >
    > Is it just me / paradise, or does it not work for anyone?

    I am having no problems at loading either page
    I am with Xtra.
    Legs, Aug 13, 2005

  3. Craig Shore

    Craig Shore Guest

    On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 10:07:57 +1200, Legs <>
    wrote:

    >Craig Shore wrote:
    >> Can anyone here access this site,
    >> http://fma.sourceforge.net/index2.htm
    >>
    >> I think I remember someone posting here that they couldn't access
    >> sourceforge from Paradise. I can't get the above page to load except
    >> the top menu bar.
    >>
    >> www.sourceforge.net won't work either.
    >>
    >> Is it just me / paradise, or does it not work for anyone?
    >>

    >I am having no problems at loading either page
    >I am with Xtra.

    You couldn't go to the download page for that file and give me a
    direct link to one of the servers could you? please? :)
    Craig Shore, Aug 13, 2005
  4. Craig Shore

    Legs Guest

    Craig Shore wrote:
    > On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 10:07:57 +1200, Legs <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Craig Shore wrote:
    >>
    >>>Can anyone here access this site,
    >>>http://fma.sourceforge.net/index2.htm
    >>>
    >>>I think I remember someone posting here that they couldn't access
    >>>sourceforge from Paradise. I can't get the above page to load except
    >>>the top menu bar.
    >>>
    >>>www.sourceforge.net won't work either.
    >>>
    >>>Is it just me / paradise, or does it not work for anyone?
    >>>

    >>I am having no problems at loading either page
    >>I am with Xtra.

    > You couldn't go to the download page for that file and give me a
    > direct link to one of the servers could you? please? :)

    Try this link for the version 2.0 stable release :-

    http://easynews.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/fma/fma-2.0-stable-setup.exe
    Legs, Aug 13, 2005
  5. Craig Shore

    Craig Shore Guest

    On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 10:16:45 +1200, Legs <>
    wrote:

    >Craig Shore wrote:
    >> On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 10:07:57 +1200, Legs <>
    >> wrote:

    >>>I am having no problems at loading either page
    >>>I am with Xtra.

    >> You couldn't go to the download page for that file and give me a
    >> direct link to one of the servers could you? please? :)

    >Try this link for the version 2.0 stable release :-
    >
    >http://easynews.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/fma/fma-2.0-stable-setup.exe

    Thanks, but that doesn't work either. I rang the helpdesk and they
    tried it from their machine, from a dialup and adsl connection and it
    works for them. Not sure what it would be on my machine blocking one
    site.

    Can any other Paradise dialup or adsl users here access
    www.sourceforge.net ?
    Craig Shore, Aug 13, 2005
  6. Craig Shore

    Stu Fleming Guest

    Craig Shore wrote:

    > Can any other Paradise dialup or adsl users here access
    > www.sourceforge.net ?

    Works fine, if a little slow, from Paradise ADSL here.

    --
    IT Management. Tel: +64 3 479 5478
    Web and database hosting, Co-location. Web: http://www.wic.co.nz
    Stu Fleming, Aug 13, 2005
  7. Craig Shore

    Max Burke Guest

    Max Burke, Aug 14, 2005
  8. Craig Shore

    Shane Guest

    > You couldn't go to the download page for that file and give me a direct
    > link to one of the servers could you? please? :)

    On the condition that you keep the laughter down at the crappiness of my
    webservers contents :)
    http://shanes.dyndns.org/shane/fma-2.0-stable-source.zip
    is the source for your file
    its done in delphi so I assume you have a delphi compiler?

    Shane, Aug 14, 2005
  9. Craig Shore

    Tony Guest

    On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 10:37:13 +1200, Craig Shore <>
    wrote:

    >On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 10:16:45 +1200, Legs <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>Craig Shore wrote:

    >>> You couldn't go to the download page for that file and give me a
    >>> direct link to one of the servers could you? please? :)

    >>Try this link for the version 2.0 stable release :-
    >>
    >>http://easynews.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/fma/fma-2.0-stable-setup.exe

    >Thanks, but that doesn't work either. I rang the helpdesk and they
    >tried it from their machine, from a dialup and adsl connection and it
    >works for them. Not sure what it would be on my machine blocking one
    >site.
    >
    >Can any other Paradise dialup or adsl users here access
    >www.sourceforge.net ?

    I am on Cable, seems to load ok , but not the Home page or
    www.sourceforge.net
    Tony, Aug 14, 2005
  10. "Craig Shore" <> wrote in message
    > Can anyone here access this site,
    > http://fma.sourceforge.net/index2.htm
    >
    > I think I remember someone posting here that they couldn't access
    > sourceforge from Paradise. I can't get the above page to load except
    > the top menu bar.
    >
    > www.sourceforge.net won't work either.
    >
    > Is it just me / paradise, or does it not work for anyone?

    I'm on Paradise Cable in Christchurch and have the same problem. Go here:
    http://www.thevirtualbrowser.com/
    The firefox extension works well, too, if you don't mind the ad banner up
    top.

    Tony.
    --
    "Disrespect for the Holy Koran is not now, nor has it ever been, nor will it
    never be, tolerated by the United States."-- Condoleeza Rice

    "To the extent [My Resolution Regarding Relgious (sic) Intolerance] mentions
    the Quran and Islam specifically, that is obviously to respond to those who
    believe our nation would tolerate disrespect of that religion or its holy
    book. Clearly we should not, at least in my opinion."-- John Conyers Jr;
    Democrat.
    The Black Wibble, Aug 14, 2005
  11. Craig Shore

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Craig Shore wrote:
    > Can anyone here access this site,
    > http://fma.sourceforge.net/index2.htm
    >
    > I think I remember someone posting here that they couldn't access
    > sourceforge from Paradise. I can't get the above page to load except
    > the top menu bar.
    >
    > www.sourceforge.net won't work either.
    >
    > Is it just me / paradise, or does it not work for anyone?

    No problems here. Orcon UBS/Firefox.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Aug 14, 2005
  12. Craig Shore

    Bling-Bling Guest

    On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 10:02:31 +1200, Craig Shore wrote:

    > Can anyone here access this site,
    > http://fma.sourceforge.net/index2.htm
    >
    > I think I remember someone posting here that they couldn't access
    > sourceforge from Paradise. I can't get the above page to load except
    > the top menu bar.
    >
    > www.sourceforge.net won't work either.
    >
    > Is it just me / paradise, or does it not work for anyone?

    Works for me. I'm on dialup with Xtra, but I use my own name server.

    Bling Bling

    --
    Fink: "The Linux market is growing 30% to 35% a year."
    Bling-Bling, Aug 14, 2005
  13. Craig Shore

    Craig Shore Guest

    On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 16:57:35 +1200, Bling-Bling <>
    wrote:

    >On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 10:02:31 +1200, Craig Shore wrote:
    >
    >> Can anyone here access this site,
    >> http://fma.sourceforge.net/index2.htm
    >>
    >> I think I remember someone posting here that they couldn't access
    >> sourceforge from Paradise. I can't get the above page to load except
    >> the top menu bar.
    >>
    >> www.sourceforge.net won't work either.
    >>
    >> Is it just me / paradise, or does it not work for anyone?

    >Works for me. I'm on dialup with Xtra, but I use my own name server.

    I tried using Xtra's name servers, no difference. It gets the IP okay, it just
    can't get the page(s).
    Craig Shore, Aug 14, 2005
  14. Craig Shore

    Phstpok Guest

    Craig Shore stubbed out the damp squib on 14/08/2005 11:28 p.m.and tried
    to bring to our attention, this pearl of wisdom:
    > On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 16:57:35 +1200, Bling-Bling <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 10:02:31 +1200, Craig Shore wrote:
    >>

    >>>Can anyone here access this site,
    >>>http://fma.sourceforge.net/index2.htm
    >>>
    >>>I think I remember someone posting here that they couldn't access
    >>>sourceforge from Paradise. I can't get the above page to load except
    >>>the top menu bar.
    >>>
    >>>www.sourceforge.net won't work either.
    >>>
    >>>Is it just me / paradise, or does it not work for anyone?

    >>Works for me. I'm on dialup with Xtra, but I use my own name server.

    > I tried using Xtra's name servers, no difference. It gets the IP okay, it just
    > can't get the page(s).

    Came up ok on Paradise/cable. try 203.96.152.4 or 203.96.152.12 dns
    Phstpok, Aug 14, 2005
  15. Craig Shore

    Shane Guest

    >> I tried using Xtra's name servers, no difference. It gets the IP okay,
    >> it just can't get the page(s).
    >>

    > Came up ok on Paradise/cable. try 203.96.152.4 or 203.96.152.12 dns

    It doesnt appear to be a DNS issue, most likely sourceforge is timing out
    due to too many requests or too little bandwidth

    Shane, Aug 15, 2005
  16. Craig Shore

    Andrew Guest

    On Sun, 14 Aug 2005 10:02:31 +1200, Craig Shore wrote:

    > Can anyone here access this site,
    > http://fma.sourceforge.net/index2.htm
    >
    > I think I remember someone posting here that they couldn't access
    > sourceforge from Paradise. I can't get the above page to load except
    > the top menu bar.
    >
    > www.sourceforge.net won't work either.
    >
    > Is it just me / paradise, or does it not work for anyone?

    Sourceforge has blocked subnet ranges of IP's that affect Australia & New
    Zealand users. Paradise seems hard hit.

    Apparently they did it as the result of a distributed DOS attack that they
    couldn't accurately pinpoint.

    Problem is, they've told me twice now that the blocks have been removed,
    but it still won't work. Aaaaaah...!
    Andrew, Aug 15, 2005
  17. Craig Shore

    Craig Shore Guest

    On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 13:15:11 +1200, Shane <-a-geek.net> wrote:

    >>> I tried using Xtra's name servers, no difference. It gets the IP okay,
    >>> it just can't get the page(s).
    >>>

    >> Came up ok on Paradise/cable. try 203.96.152.4 or 203.96.152.12 dns

    >It doesnt appear to be a DNS issue, most likely sourceforge is timing out
    >due to too many requests or too little bandwidth

    I got an answer from the Paradise Helpdesk today...

    Dear Craig

    Thank you for contacting us.

    We have been advised today by Sourceforge that they have blocked specific subnet
    ranges relating to Paradise and a large majority of other ISP's as they believed
    there was malicious activity. Sourceforge were detecting a distributed
    denial-of-service attack against their website.
    Due to the IP ranges of this dos attack, they had blocked large networks that
    showed up as origins of the malicious activity.
    They have advised that these blocks will be removed shortly.

    This action was not done on Paradise's behalf, but by the administrators of the
    Sourceforge website.

    We have been contacting them in hope to resolve this, and have been advised this
    should be actioned shortly, but were unable to give us an ETR for this.
    Craig Shore, Aug 15, 2005
  18. Craig Shore

    Rob J Guest

    On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 20:08:04 +1200, Craig Shore
    <> wrote:

    >>> Came up ok on Paradise/cable. try 203.96.152.4 or 203.96.152.12 dns

    >>It doesnt appear to be a DNS issue, most likely sourceforge is timing out
    >>due to too many requests or too little bandwidth

    >I got an answer from the Paradise Helpdesk today...
    >
    >Dear Craig
    >
    >Thank you for contacting us.
    >
    >We have been advised today by Sourceforge that they have blocked specific subnet
    >ranges relating to Paradise and a large majority of other ISP's as they believed
    >there was malicious activity. Sourceforge were detecting a distributed
    >denial-of-service attack against their website.
    >Due to the IP ranges of this dos attack, they had blocked large networks that
    >showed up as origins of the malicious activity.
    >They have advised that these blocks will be removed shortly.
    >
    >This action was not done on Paradise's behalf, but by the administrators of the
    >Sourceforge website.
    >
    >We have been contacting them in hope to resolve this, and have been advised this
    >should be actioned shortly, but were unable to give us an ETR for this.

    This is not a new one, but the last time I remember such thing it was
    the other way around. Clearnet blocked access to Yahoo Groups on the
    basis that their server was trying to open too many connections.
    Rob J, Aug 15, 2005