    I have RJ11 male-maie and male-female leads aplenty from old modems and
    routers etc., but RJ10 seems to be a bit aloof - anyone?

    Thanks

    linker3000, Jun 3, 2006

  2. linker3000 wrote:

    > I am trying to interface a Voice Active headset to a Safecom SDSIP-5000
    > phone (with headset socket) but it looks like the wiring needs some
    > tweaking so I am looking for a UK source of RJ10 (not RJ11) leads and
    > connectors so I can make up an adaptor - the ideal solution would be an
    > extension lead so I can re-use the cable-mounted socket with a short
    > cable tail and crimp on a new connector, or just make up two plug/socket
    > tails and solder them together.
    >
    > I have RJ11 male-maie and male-female leads aplenty from old modems and
    > routers etc., but RJ10 seems to be a bit aloof - anyone?

    Maplin appear to sell RJ10 (4P4C) plugs (page 781 of current cat / code
    JW42V) and the associated crimp tool.

    Colin Forrester, Jun 3, 2006

  3. linker3000

    linker3000 Guest

    Colin Forrester wrote:
    > linker3000 wrote:
    >
    >> I am trying to interface a Voice Active headset to a Safecom
    >> SDSIP-5000 phone (with headset socket) but it looks like the wiring
    >> needs some tweaking so I am looking for a UK source of RJ10 (not RJ11)
    >> leads and connectors so I can make up an adaptor - the ideal solution
    >> would be an extension lead so I can re-use the cable-mounted socket
    >> with a short cable tail and crimp on a new connector, or just make up
    >> two plug/socket tails and solder them together.
    >>
    >> I have RJ11 male-maie and male-female leads aplenty from old modems
    >> and routers etc., but RJ10 seems to be a bit aloof - anyone?

    > Maplin appear to sell RJ10 (4P4C) plugs (page 781 of current cat / code
    > JW42V) and the associated crimp tool.

    Yep, it's the sockets I can't seem to get. Thanks.

    linker3000, Jun 3, 2006
  4. Martin Sylvester, Jun 3, 2006
  5. Martin Sylvester wrote:
    > "linker3000" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> Yep, it's the sockets I can't seem to get. Thanks.

    > Could you use a plug-to-plug cord and a coupler? See
    > http://tinyurl.com/fut6u
    >
    > Martin.

    p1174/1175 in the CPC catalogue have a lot of them, although they are
    all pcb-mount types, I don't think I've ever seen any other kind.

    Thomas Kenyon, Jun 3, 2006
  6. linker3000

    linker3000 Guest

    Martin Sylvester wrote:
    > "linker3000" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> Yep, it's the sockets I can't seem to get. Thanks.

    > Could you use a plug-to-plug cord and a coupler? See
    > http://tinyurl.com/fut6u
    >
    > Martin.

    Thanks - I have tried an RJ11 coupler and the RJ10 fits, albeit it's a
    little loose - that's my fall-back plan

    linker3000, Jun 3, 2006
  7. linker3000

    linker3000 Guest

    Thomas Kenyon wrote:
    > Martin Sylvester wrote:
    >> "linker3000" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>> Yep, it's the sockets I can't seem to get. Thanks.

    >> Could you use a plug-to-plug cord and a coupler? See
    >> http://tinyurl.com/fut6u
    >>
    >> Martin.
    >>

    > p1174/1175 in the CPC catalogue have a lot of them, although they are
    > all pcb-mount types, I don't think I've ever seen any other kind.

    Yep, seen those - trying to avoid having to use a bit of veroboard or
    make up a PCB.

    linker3000, Jun 3, 2006