    second SIP account with a Spanish provider if necessary but would not know
    who to choose.

    Thanks

    Lee, May 26, 2005

  2. Lee wrote:

    > Can anyone here recommend the best way of doing this? I am happy to set up a
    > second SIP account with a Spanish provider if necessary but would not know
    > who to choose.

    We can provide incoming Spanish numbers in a few area codes for
    4GBP/month with a 3 month free trial:

    917 Madrid
    933 Barcelona
    951 Malaga
    961 Valencia
    965 Alicante

    Go to www.gradwell.com/voip for more info.

    --
    Ben Smithurst gradwell dot com Ltd
    Systems Developer http://bensmithurst.com/ http://www.gradwell.com/

    Ben Smithurst, May 26, 2005

  3. Lee

    Chris Blunt Guest

    On Thu, 26 May 2005 12:58:01 +0100, Ben Smithurst <>
    wrote:

    >Lee wrote:
    >
    >> Can anyone here recommend the best way of doing this? I am happy to set up a
    >> second SIP account with a Spanish provider if necessary but would not know
    >> who to choose.

    >We can provide incoming Spanish numbers in a few area codes for
    >4GBP/month with a 3 month free trial:
    >
    >917 Madrid
    >933 Barcelona
    >951 Malaga
    >961 Valencia
    >965 Alicante
    >
    >Go to www.gradwell.com/voip for more info.

    Do you offer incoming numbers in any countries in Asia? I can't seem
    to find this information on your web site. The only reference is to UK
    numbers.

    Chris

    Chris Blunt, May 26, 2005
  4. Chris Blunt wrote:

    > On Thu, 26 May 2005 12:58:01 +0100, Ben Smithurst <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> We can provide incoming Spanish numbers in a few area codes for
    >> 4GBP/month with a 3 month free trial:
    >>
    >> 917 Madrid
    >> 933 Barcelona
    >> 951 Malaga
    >> 961 Valencia
    >> 965 Alicante
    >>
    >> Go to www.gradwell.com/voip for more info.

    > Do you offer incoming numbers in any countries in Asia? I can't seem
    > to find this information on your web site. The only reference is to UK
    > numbers.

    Just UK + Spain at the moment, with USA numbers being next on the cards
    I believe.

    Which countries in particular were you after? It's unlikely we'll have
    any any time soon but it's useful to know what demand there is.

    cheers
    -ben

    Ben Smithurst, May 26, 2005
  5. Lee

    Lee Guest

    "Ben Smithurst" <> wrote in message
    > Lee wrote:
    >
    >> Can anyone here recommend the best way of doing this? I am happy to set
    >> up a
    >> second SIP account with a Spanish provider if necessary but would not
    >> know
    >> who to choose.

    > We can provide incoming Spanish numbers in a few area codes for
    > 4GBP/month with a 3 month free trial:
    >
    > 917 Madrid
    > 933 Barcelona
    > 951 Malaga
    > 961 Valencia
    > 965 Alicante

    Sorry, I am not clear and find nothing about this on your site - what would
    happen? Do I have to purchase a SIP account with you or you can redirect
    incoming calls from the spanish number to my existing Voipfone account?

    Thank

    Lee, May 26, 2005
  6. Lee

    7 Guest

    Lee wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > I have just signed up for Voipfone here in the UK and would like to see if
    > I can rig up a Spanish incoming number. My mother lives in Spain and runs
    > up some pretty hefty phone bills.
    >
    > Can anyone here recommend the best way of doing this? I am happy to set up
    > a second SIP account with a Spanish provider if necessary but would not
    > know who to choose.
    >
    > Thanks

    If they are always same numbers, I calculate
    its easier to put in broadband at each end and get SIP phone service
    provider to allocate accounts and numbers at each end. Then your total
    costs per month is 30 quid for broadband and one off equipment
    cost (say 100 quid). You are saving if your phone bills
    are running up 50 quid approx or above per month.

    7, May 26, 2005
  7. Lee wrote:

    > Sorry, I am not clear and find nothing about this on your site - what would
    > happen? Do I have to purchase a SIP account with you or you can redirect
    > incoming calls from the spanish number to my existing Voipfone account?

    You can either sign up for the 'single line' package and register a SIP
    phone with our service, or you can buy the 'sip forwarder' package and
    point it at your voipfone SIP address (assuming it has one, I understand
    some providers do not allow SIP calls from outside).

    Ben Smithurst, May 26, 2005
  8. Lee

    > Lee wrote:
    >
    >> Sorry, I am not clear and find nothing about this on your site - what
    >> would
    >> happen? Do I have to purchase a SIP account with you or you can redirect
    >> incoming calls from the spanish number to my existing Voipfone account?

    > You can either sign up for the 'single line' package and register a SIP
    > phone with our service, or you can buy the 'sip forwarder' package and
    > point it at your voipfone SIP address (assuming it has one, I understand
    > some providers do not allow SIP calls from outside).

    OK, thanks Ben.

    So what does this SIP address look like? Or, alternatively, what should I
    ask Voipfone in order to find it out?

    Lee, May 26, 2005
  9. Lee wrote:
    > "Ben Smithurst" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Lee wrote:
    >>

    >>>Sorry, I am not clear and find nothing about this on your site - what
    >>>would
    >>>happen? Do I have to purchase a SIP account with you or you can redirect
    >>>incoming calls from the spanish number to my existing Voipfone account?

    >>You can either sign up for the 'single line' package and register a SIP
    >>phone with our service, or you can buy the 'sip forwarder' package and
    >>point it at your voipfone SIP address (assuming it has one, I understand
    >>some providers do not allow SIP calls from outside).

    > OK, thanks Ben.
    >
    > So what does this SIP address look like? Or, alternatively, what should I
    > ask Voipfone in order to find it out?

    usually, it's something like sip:

    Probably best to ask them what your sip address would be straight up.

    peter

    Peter Gradwell, May 26, 2005
  10. Lee

    Lee Guest

    "Peter Gradwell" <> wrote in message
    > Lee wrote:
    >> "Ben Smithurst" <> wrote in message

    >>>You can either sign up for the 'single line' package and register a SIP
    >>>phone with our service, or you can buy the 'sip forwarder' package and
    >>>point it at your voipfone SIP address (assuming it has one, I understand
    >>>some providers do not allow SIP calls from outside).

    >> OK, thanks Ben.
    >>
    >> So what does this SIP address look like? Or, alternatively, what should I
    >> ask Voipfone in order to find it out?

    > usually, it's something like sip:
    >
    > Probably best to ask them what your sip address would be straight up.

    Thanks Peter. I have just done so. Unfortunately, their responses to
    enquiries are somewhat slower than your team's!

    Lee, May 26, 2005
  11. Lee

    > Lee wrote:
    >> "Ben Smithurst" <> wrote in message

    >>>You can either sign up for the 'single line' package and register a SIP
    >>>phone with our service, or you can buy the 'sip forwarder' package and
    >>>point it at your voipfone SIP address (assuming it has one, I understand
    >>>some providers do not allow SIP calls from outside).

    >> OK, thanks Ben.
    >>
    >> So what does this SIP address look like? Or, alternatively, what should I
    >> ask Voipfone in order to find it out?

    > usually, it's something like sip:
    >
    > Probably best to ask them what your sip address would be straight up.

    Thank you. I received a response and have attempted to register on your
    site. Please see support ticket.

    Lee, May 27, 2005
  12. Lee

    Chris Blunt Guest

    On Thu, 26 May 2005 13:57:21 +0100, Ben Smithurst <>
    wrote:

    >Chris Blunt wrote:
    >
    >> On Thu, 26 May 2005 12:58:01 +0100, Ben Smithurst <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> We can provide incoming Spanish numbers in a few area codes for
    >>> 4GBP/month with a 3 month free trial:
    >>>
    >>> 917 Madrid
    >>> 933 Barcelona
    >>> 951 Malaga
    >>> 961 Valencia
    >>> 965 Alicante
    >>>
    >>> Go to www.gradwell.com/voip for more info.

    >> Do you offer incoming numbers in any countries in Asia? I can't seem
    >> to find this information on your web site. The only reference is to UK
    >> numbers.

    >Just UK + Spain at the moment, with USA numbers being next on the cards
    >I believe.
    >
    >Which countries in particular were you after? It's unlikely we'll have
    >any any time soon but it's useful to know what demand there is.

    The Philippines. I admit there probably wouldn't be a lot of demand
    for this location. Singapore, Hong Kong and Japan may be popular.

    Chris

    Chris Blunt, May 27, 2005
  13. Lee wrote:
    > "Peter Gradwell" <> wrote in message
    > > Lee wrote:
    > >> "Ben Smithurst" <> wrote in message

    > >> OK, thanks Ben.
    > >>
    > >> So what does this SIP address look like? Or, alternatively, what should I
    > >> ask Voipfone in order to find it out?

    > > usually, it's something like sip:
    > >
    > > Probably best to ask them what your sip address would be straight up.
    > >

    > Thanks Peter. I have just done so. Unfortunately, their responses to
    > enquiries are somewhat slower than your team's!

    should be somthing like

    Mat

    Mathew Curtis, May 27, 2005