  1. I am planing to get the new Maxtor One Touch II 300gb external hard drive.
    The best prices I have gotten are from two companies unkown to me. Has any
    one ever heard of or used Buy.com or Zip Zoom Fly both in CA?

    John R. Pickett, Apr 26, 2005

  2. John R. Pickett

    K-CSC Guest

    "John R. Pickett" <> wrote in message
    news:26af9$426ec094$c0efabd$...
    >I am planing to get the new Maxtor One Touch II 300gb external hard drive.
    > The best prices I have gotten are from two companies unkown to me. Has
    > any
    > one ever heard of or used Buy.com or Zip Zoom Fly both in CA?

    http://www.tigerdirect.com/

    It's one of the best.

    K-CSC :)

    K-CSC, Apr 27, 2005

  3. John R. Pickett

    Jack Suttles Guest

    Check out www.resellerratings.com and you will find that Tiger Direct is not
    so good. Zip Zoom Fly is top notch. I've used them and always been pleased,
    and you'll find that their ratings are very good as well.

    Jack Suttles, Apr 27, 2005
  4. John R. Pickett

    Robert Baer Guest

    John R. Pickett wrote:

    > I am planing to get the new Maxtor One Touch II 300gb external hard drive.
    > The best prices I have gotten are from two companies unkown to me. Has any
    > one ever heard of or used Buy.com or Zip Zoom Fly both in CA?

    I have never had problems with BUY.COM, but Tiger Direct not only
    charges too much, has an abusive multiple-product pricing scheme, and
    they are poor in responding to replacement queries.

    Robert Baer, Apr 27, 2005
  5. John R. Pickett

    K-CSC Guest

    "Jack Suttles" <> wrote in message
    > Check out www.resellerratings.com and you will find that Tiger Direct is
    > not so good. Zip Zoom Fly is top notch. I've used them and always been
    > pleased, and you'll find that their ratings are very good as well.

    I have never had a problem out of TD. The have been helpful on the phone
    with issues I have has with products. The have sent back products for
    replacement and I have had no problems. I have even sent a product back that
    I really didn't want and TD had no problem in putting my money into my
    account.

    Ratings are a dime a dozen and I have had no problems using TD or CDW too.

    K-CSC :)

    K-CSC, Apr 27, 2005
  6. John R. Pickett

    K-CSC Guest

    "Robert Baer" <> wrote in message
    > John R. Pickett wrote:
    >
    >> I am planing to get the new Maxtor One Touch II 300gb external hard
    >> drive.
    >> The best prices I have gotten are from two companies unkown to me. Has
    >> any
    >> one ever heard of or used Buy.com or Zip Zoom Fly both in CA?
    >>

    > I have never had problems with BUY.COM, but Tiger Direct not only
    > charges too much, has an abusive multiple-product pricing scheme, and they
    > are poor in responding to replacement queries.

    I have dealt with TD and they have been right on top of my purchases. I have
    had no problems. I have returned some equipment I had purchased with them
    for replacements and had absolutely no problems queries and all -- none.

    K-CSC :)

    K-CSC, Apr 27, 2005
  7. John R. Pickett

    Joe Guest

    I have bought from Tiger before but will wasn't that pleased. There prices
    are only average unless you are buying something with a rebate. They do a
    bunch of advertising of real low prices with rebates but they just aint
    worth the hassel to me. The last thing I bought from them was a barebones
    system which was supposed to be about 50 bucks after rebates. Well it had 4
    rebates on it all of which I filled out and sent in but I only got 2 of them
    so it ended up costing me about 120 dollars which I would have never paid.
    All and all for the (Price and Service) combo Newegg can not be beat for
    the most part. They always ship the next day at the latest, they use fedex
    so I always get my order within 5 days, and there prices are rarely beat by
    much.

    Joe

    Joe, Apr 28, 2005
  8. John R. Pickett

    K-CSC Guest

    "Joe" <> wrote in message
    >I have bought from Tiger before but will wasn't that pleased. There prices
    >are only average unless you are buying something with a rebate. They do a
    >bunch of advertising of real low prices with rebates but they just aint
    >worth the hassel to me. The last thing I bought from them was a barebones
    >system which was supposed to be about 50 bucks after rebates. Well it had 4
    >rebates on it all of which I filled out and sent in but I only got 2 of
    >them so it ended up costing me about 120 dollars which I would have never
    >paid.
    > All and all for the (Price and Service) combo Newegg can not be beat
    > for the most part. They always ship the next day at the latest, they use
    > fedex so I always get my order within 5 days, and there prices are rarely
    > beat by much.
    >
    > Joe

    Hey, if the manufacturer who gives the rebate doesn't honor it, then you
    need to take it up with the manufacture. I brought two things one time not
    related to TD and the manufactures of these products did a song and dance on
    them. I got my rebates when I purchased all the equipment from TD on the
    parts that had rebates for the desktop that was built. I don't particularly
    look for rebates. The ground carrier makes no difference. If you want it
    faster you pay. I always got my stuff within two days of the order since I
    am close to a TD distribution center and that's UPS regular ground.

    K-CSC :)

    K-CSC, Apr 28, 2005