    I also need clear envelopes to insert smaller (up to 8x10) mounted
    prints for display and handling. Where can I buy these?
    --David
    David Ellis, Sep 24, 2003

  2. David Ellis

    Robertwgross Guest

    David wrote:
    >Where can I buy foam-core sheets for mounting prints up to 13x19?
    > I'd like to cut my own beveled hole for the print area; where can I
    >buy a tool for that purpose? What do you recommend for low-volume
    >amateur use?

    Where I live, there is a chain of arts and crafts stores called Michael's. They
    sell 3/16" foam board in a 20x30 size. I use that for the back of the photo,
    using Elmer's spray adhesive. Then for the front mat, WalMart sells inexpensive
    ones made out of acid-free cardboard.

    ---Bob Gross---
    Robertwgross, Sep 24, 2003

  3. David Ellis

    Rafe B. Guest

    On Wed, 24 Sep 2003 09:47:42 -0700, David Ellis
    <> wrote:

    > Where can I buy foam-core sheets for mounting prints up to 13x19?
    > I'd like to cut my own beveled hole for the print area; where can I
    >buy a tool for that purpose? What do you recommend for low-volume
    >amateur use?
    > I also need clear envelopes to insert smaller (up to 8x10) mounted
    >prints for display and handling. Where can I buy these?
    >--David

    For cutting mats, I use a Logan mat cutter. The
    hobbyist model is around $99 these days and
    can be found at places like AC Moore (crafts
    stores and art-supply stores) or online at places
    like Light Impressions.

    rafe b.
    http://www.terrapinphoto.com
    Rafe B., Sep 25, 2003