Sounds

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by William Matthewson, Jun 26, 2004.

  1. For an unknown reason, I am no longer receiving sounds through my computer.
    To the best of my knowledge, I have not altered any programs.
    William Matthewson, Jun 26, 2004

  2. William Matthewson

    Scooby Guest

    Hold the windows button down and press f. This will bring up a search
    screen. Search for a file called volume. When your pc finds it, double
    click it's icon. Make sure the volume slider is not on minimum and that
    there is no tick in the mute box.

    Scooby, Jun 26, 2004

  3. William Matthewson

    ProfGene Guest

    If you are talking about the sounds that accompany things like errors or
    actions, look in control panel to see if the option to have "no sound" is
    checked. The only other thing you could be talking about would be all sound
    then you need to check your audio drivers.

    ProfGene, Jun 26, 2004
  4. "William Matthewson" <> wrote in message
    > For an unknown reason, I am no longer receiving sounds through my

    computer.
    > To the best of my knowledge, I have not altered any programs.

    Heh. Happened to me once years ago, turned out that my kid had turned down
    the volume on the physical speakers to 0, while leaving the volume in the
    gui turned up to normal settings. Took me a while to figure out because I
    never touch the speakers. You might just also check that the sound lead
    hasn't come unplugged.

    You may have already checked these items, of course.

    Also, my original sound card actually died and had to be replaced. If it's
    a hardware fault then you would need a new card. Such faults are unlikely
    but they do happen.

    Otherwise go through the software suggestions of other posters.

    --
    Mike Dworetsky

    (Remove "pants" spamblock to send e-mail)
    Mike Dworetsky, Jun 26, 2004