    i'll appreciate your help.
    if more info is needed i`ll be more then happy to post it here.

    thank`s
    dov, Apr 8, 2008

  2. dov

    Carlos Guest

    Hi,
    The drivers in the link you provide are for the 32-bit version of Windows XP.
    There are no 64-bit drivers there.
    That's why they won't install in your system.

    You might want to try the Lenovo Thinkstation forums at:
    http://forums.lenovo.com/lnv/board?board.id=ThinkStation
    and see if you can find help there also.

    Carlos

    Carlos, Apr 8, 2008

  3. dov

    dov Guest

    i suspected that but that was the only option i had by the driver page.
    i`ll ask there

    thank`s !

    dov, Apr 8, 2008
  4. I found this link on the ADI page, I suspect it directs to the one you have
    there, but who knows? My ADI installation works perfectly, so the support is
    there - (Asus board!)

    http://forms.analog.com/Form_Pages/soundMAX/soundMAXtechSupport.html

    I suggest you try investigating other brands as well and see if the don't
    work - since it is an on-board chip the chances are there is no big
    difference among them?

    N.B! - Installing the driver is not enough to play on my system, I needed a
    KB from MS Update to install before everything fell into place. That one
    installed per automatic once the driver was there, so no extra work - just
    the time it takes to get through the updating system.

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Apr 8, 2008
  5. dov

    Carlos Guest

    Tony,
    Under the "ADI" moniker there are lots of different hardwares.
    That is what makes it so difficult to find the proper ADI driver.
    Realtek as only 2 or 3 (I think 2) drivers for their different chipsets, but
    Analog Devices is a different beast.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Apr 8, 2008
  6. dov

    dov Guest

    here it is.....:)

    i tried at lenovo newsgroup and someone gave me the soulotion :)
    i installed manually the viste 64bit driver (only the driver not the
    soundmax software) and its working perfect !

    thanks !

    dov, Apr 9, 2008
  7. dov

    Carlos Guest

    RE: here it is.....:)

    dov,
    Good to hear that.
    Welcome to the 64-bit world!
    :)
    Carlos

    Carlos, Apr 9, 2008
  8. Re: here it is.....:)

    <snicker> - reminds me of my HP PSC printer - this had it the other way
    around. A 64bit driver that was severely handicapped for functionality, but
    the 32bit software that came with the printer made everything work perfectly
    in unison!!!

    "Hooray, to Surprise and Excitement!"

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Apr 9, 2008