Soundcard

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by John Lord, Sep 3, 2005.

  1. John Lord

    John Lord Guest

    Just bought a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS and installed in this
    morning and everything seemed fine. But on rebooting the "windows xp"
    banner comes up with the progress bar and then monitor reports no signal?!
    the hardisk sounds like it's still working in the background but no display
    on the monitor. Sometimes the system disk couldn't be found? but i could
    mange to boot in safe mode. I've unistall the card and done a sytem restore
    and things now seem ok.

    I have a Pentium 4 3ghz with 1 gig Ram
    Windows XP SP2
    NVIDIA GeForce 6600GT
    160 gig hd
    AOpen DUW 1608/ARR

    Does anyone know what could be going wrong please?

    Could it be my PSU can't cope?

    Any advice would be great.

    thanks

    John

    John Lord, Sep 3, 2005

  2. John Lord

    Trax Guest

    "John Lord" <> wrote:

    |>Just bought a Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS and installed in this
    |>morning and everything seemed fine. But on rebooting the "windows xp"
    |>banner comes up with the progress bar and then monitor reports no signal?!
    |>the hardisk sounds like it's still working in the background but no display
    |>on the monitor. Sometimes the system disk couldn't be found? but i could
    |>mange to boot in safe mode. I've unistall the card and done a sytem restore
    |>and things now seem ok.
    |>
    |>I have a Pentium 4 3ghz with 1 gig Ram
    |>Windows XP SP2
    |>NVIDIA GeForce 6600GT
    |>160 gig hd
    |>AOpen DUW 1608/ARR
    |>

    |>Does anyone know what could be going wrong please?

    Hardware conflict
    Enter your bios and see what you can do to set an IRQ for whatever
    gets you going - Sound Blaster tries to default to IRQ5 (at least the
    older ones).

    Sometimes pulling cards and placing one in, booting up, shutdown, put
    another in, works. Even different slots can make a difference.

    Some BIOS have a reset option for hardware changes.

    |>Could it be my PSU can't cope?

    Can't rule it out, but the progress bar indicates drivers being loaded
    and seeing as you lose your video card at that point, a Hardware (IRQ)
    problem.

    --
    New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin
    http://edition.cnn.com/2005/US/09/02/nagin.transcript/

    Trax, Sep 3, 2005

  3. John Lord

    John Lord Guest

    thanks trax, will give your ideas ago and see how i go on.

    thanks again

    john

    John Lord, Sep 3, 2005