    through the sounds audio device. The sound playback/sound recording and
    Midi music playback default device is showing Realtek AC97 Audio and there
    is no way I can see of changing it...............HELP PLEASE
    Dave Jones, May 6, 2005

  2. Dave Jones

    Plato Guest

    Dave Jones wrote:

    > I have just purchased a Phillips 170X5 17 inch TFT, it has built in
    > speakers, I previously used a pair of Labtech desktop speakers which were
    > working fine. My problem is that I do not have any sound now since the
    > phillips was installed, I have turned the volume up and adjusted the volume
    > through the sounds audio device. The sound playback/sound recording and
    > Midi music playback default device is showing Realtek AC97 Audio and there
    > is no way I can see of changing it...............HELP PLEASE

    WEll, you're going to use the same sound card/chip aka the realtec 97 so
    that's not the issue. Did you plug in the new speaker wires from the
    monitor to your sound card jack?

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, May 7, 2005

  3. Dave Jones

    Wizard Guest

    .... and don't forget to plug in the little power cord that appears
    useless.

    Wizard, May 12, 2005