    is or could be please let me know. thanks for your time and efforts in
    advance.
    -J
    jinxy, Sep 5, 2007

  2. jinxy

    Paul Guest

    jinxy wrote:
    > Hello I am trying to figure out why I can't hear anyone when we have a
    > voice conversation on MSN. They can hear me but I cant hear them . My
    > speakers are working fine and so is the mic. Is there a setting that I
    > may have missed?. We checked second pc to a third and no problems with
    > the voice conv. It must be my machine. The sound card is a sound
    > blaster live series card. If you have any suggestions as to what this
    > is or could be please let me know. thanks for your time and efforts in
    > advance.
    > -J

    I take it you've already reviewed the sliders in your mixer.

    Paul
    Paul, Sep 5, 2007

  3. jinxy

    sandy58 Guest

    On Sep 5, 2:50 am, jinxy <> wrote:
    > Hello I am trying to figure out why I can't hear anyone when we have a
    > voice conversation on MSN. They can hear me but I cant hear them . My
    > speakers are working fine and so is the mic. Is there a setting that I
    > may have missed?. We checked second pc to a third and no problems with
    > the voice conv. It must be my machine. The sound card is a sound
    > blaster live series card. If you have any suggestions as to what this
    > is or could be please let me know. thanks for your time and efforts in
    > advance.
    > -J

    .....................................and un-muted your Mic?
    sandy58, Sep 5, 2007
  4. jinxy

    Neil Green Guest

    "sandy58" <> wrote in message
    > On Sep 5, 2:50 am, jinxy <>
    > wrote:
    >> Hello I am trying to figure out why I can't hear
    >> anyone when we have a
    >> voice conversation on MSN. They can hear me but I
    >> cant hear them . My
    >> speakers are working fine and so is the mic. Is
    >> there a setting that I
    >> may have missed?. We checked second pc to a third
    >> and no problems with
    >> the voice conv. It must be my machine. The sound
    >> card is a sound
    >> blaster live series card. If you have any
    >> suggestions as to what this
    >> is or could be please let me know. thanks for your
    >> time and efforts in
    >> advance.
    >> -J

    > ....................................and un-muted
    > your Mic?

    They can hear him, the mic's fine.
    Check the speaker setup with your sound card software.
    If the speaker/headset is USB then that will need to
    be setup.
    Neil Green, Sep 5, 2007
  5. jinxy

    jinxy Guest

    On Sep 5, 5:49 pm, "Neil Green" <> wrote:
    > "sandy58" <> wrote in message

    > > On Sep 5, 2:50 am, jinxy <>
    > > wrote:
    > >> Hello I am trying to figure out why I can't hear
    > >> anyone when we have a
    > >> voice conversation on MSN. They can hear me but I
    > >> cant hear them . My
    > >> speakers are working fine and so is the mic. Is
    > >> there a setting that I
    > >> may have missed?. We checked second pc to a third
    > >> and no problems with
    > >> the voice conv. It must be my machine. The sound
    > >> card is a sound
    > >> blaster live series card. If you have any
    > >> suggestions as to what this
    > >> is or could be please let me know. thanks for your
    > >> time and efforts in
    > >> advance.
    > >> -J

    > > ....................................and un-muted
    > > your Mic?

    > They can hear him, the mic's fine.
    > Check the speaker setup with your sound card software.
    > If the speaker/headset is USB then that will need to
    > be setup.- Hide quoted text -

    Thanks I will re-install the software and see what happens. Results to
    follow.
    -J
    jinxy, Sep 6, 2007
  6. jinxy

    jinxy Guest

    On Sep 5, 9:55 pm, jinxy <> wrote:
    > On Sep 5, 5:49 pm, "Neil Green" <> wrote:
    >

    > > "sandy58" <> wrote in message

    > > > ....................................and un-muted
    > > > your Mic?

    > > They can hear him, the mic's fine.
    > > Check the speaker setup with your sound card software.
    > > If the speaker/headset is USB then that will need to
    > > be setup.- Hide quoted text -

    > Thanks I will re-install the software and see what happens. Results to
    > follow.
    > -J- Hide quoted text -

    Turns out that the mic was still plugged into the onboard. Plugged
    into the sound card changed some settings and problem solved. sorry
    about the misdirection. no harm no foul.thanks.
    -J
    jinxy, Sep 7, 2007