    to get what I want ?, I mean is that the only way to do it ? I'd like to
    fix it rather than patch it up.

    TIA

    Chris, Aug 15, 2004

  2. In article <411fdc97$> in nz.comp on 16 Aug 2004
    09:58:47 +1200, Chris <> says...
    > Hi all
    >
    > I have never managed to get the sound scheme in XP to stick after applying
    > it, it always reverts to windows default after I change something in the
    > theme. I tried to save a no sounds scheme with a different name but it
    > still reverts to windows default. Will I have to edit the windows default
    > to get what I want ?, I mean is that the only way to do it ? I'd like to
    > fix it rather than patch it up.

    Are you a home user or on a corporate network logging onto a domain
    server?

    Patrick Dunford, Aug 16, 2004

  3. Chris

    Dogg Guest

    On 16 Aug 2004 09:58:47 +1200, Chris <> wrote:

    >Hi all
    >
    >I have never managed to get the sound scheme in XP to stick after applying
    >it, it always reverts to windows default after I change something in the
    >theme. I tried to save a no sounds scheme with a different name but it
    >still reverts to windows default. Will I have to edit the windows default
    >to get what I want ?, I mean is that the only way to do it ? I'd like to
    >fix it rather than patch it up.
    >
    >TIA

    Yeah..it sucks how it does that. I guess for now, make your sounds the
    last thing you change.

    Dogg, Aug 16, 2004
  4. In article <> in nz.comp on 16 Aug 2004
    15:25:16 +1200, Chris <> says...
    > Patrick Dunford <> wrote in
    >
    > > In article <411fdc97$> in nz.comp on 16 Aug 2004
    > > 09:58:47 +1200, Chris <> says...
    > >> Hi all
    > >>
    > >> I have never managed to get the sound scheme in XP to stick after
    > >> applying it, it always reverts to windows default after I change
    > >> something in the theme. I tried to save a no sounds scheme with a
    > >> different name but it still reverts to windows default. Will I have
    > >> to edit the windows default to get what I want ?, I mean is that the
    > >> only way to do it ? I'd like to fix it rather than patch it up.

    > > Are you a home user or on a corporate network logging onto a domain
    > > server?

    > A home user on XP Pro

    There was a funny thing that happened after SP1, it was to do with
    ownership of roaming profiles and XP would not load the profile.

    I'd assume it doesn't apply to people who are not on a domain.

    Patrick Dunford, Aug 16, 2004
  5. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Patrick Dunford <> wrote in

    > In article <411fdc97$> in nz.comp on 16 Aug 2004
    > 09:58:47 +1200, Chris <> says...
    >> Hi all
    >>
    >> I have never managed to get the sound scheme in XP to stick after
    >> applying it, it always reverts to windows default after I change
    >> something in the theme. I tried to save a no sounds scheme with a
    >> different name but it still reverts to windows default. Will I have
    >> to edit the windows default to get what I want ?, I mean is that the
    >> only way to do it ? I'd like to fix it rather than patch it up.

    > Are you a home user or on a corporate network logging onto a domain
    > server?

    A home user on XP Pro

    Chris, Aug 16, 2004
  6. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Dogg <> wrote in

    > On 16 Aug 2004 09:58:47 +1200, Chris <> wrote:
    >
    >>Hi all
    >>
    >>I have never managed to get the sound scheme in XP to stick after
    >>applying it, it always reverts to windows default after I change
    >>something in the theme. I tried to save a no sounds scheme with a
    >>different name but it still reverts to windows default. Will I have
    >>to edit the windows default to get what I want ?, I mean is that the
    >>only way to do it ? I'd like to fix it rather than patch it up.
    >>
    >>TIA

    > Yeah..it sucks how it does that. I guess for now, make your sounds the
    > last thing you change.

    Yeah, I do make it the last thing I change but I change things most days
    as I run at 120dpi screen res and swap back to 96dpi so I can run a
    couple of programs. Problem is I have a 14" LCD with 1400x1050 native
    res and a 19" CRT so the best comprimise is 120 dpi.

    It's just one of those things that really gets under my skin.

    Was hoping I had goofed up on something and there was an easy solution.
    <sic>
    of course I could change to Linux and the world would be that much better
    </sic>

    :)

    Chris, Aug 16, 2004