    Haven't tried them yet as everybody was sleeping at home this morning!
    :)
    Carlos
    Carlos, Apr 23, 2008

  2. Don't you have earphones?

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Apr 24, 2008

  3. Carlos

    Carlos Guest

    Well... you know... I'm still old fashioned and like sounds coming out of
    wooden speaker boxes (are they still called "baffles"?)
    :)
    Carlos

    Carlos, Apr 25, 2008
  4. Yes, me too. :0)

    The baffle, yes - for absolute correctness, I believe that word is reserved
    for the front-board to which you fix the speaker unit and the front cloth.

    My dictionary lists the root-concept as meaning 'to deflect' - which also
    would cover 'to baffle somebody' (i.e. - to throw them into bewilderment (a
    deflection from mental stability?)).

    Tony. . .

    Tony Sperling, Apr 25, 2008
  5. Carlos

    Carlos Guest

    Tony,
    Deflection is the principle by which the lower ("bass") frequencies get
    deflected inside the speaker box, pass through the air tunnel and go outside
    by the rectangular or round hole in the front, adding the air pressure in
    phase with that one of the speaker cone (acoustic boost).
    Carlos

    Carlos, Apr 25, 2008