    If I can hear a sound/music on my computer can I record it somehow into the
    computer so that I can own it and play it when I want?
    What type of equipment will I need?

    Pete, Jan 2, 2005

  2. Pete

    Toolman Tim Guest

    "Pete" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    | If I can hear a sound/music on my computer can I record it somehow into
    the
    | computer so that I can own it and play it when I want?
    | What type of equipment will I need?

    No equipment - you already have the equipment...it's called a *computer*.
    You need software that can capture your audio and save it to a file. It
    might be helpful to know *what* you want to capture.

    Toolman Tim, Jan 2, 2005

  3. Pete

    Nick Guest

    "Pete" <> wrote in message
    > If I can hear a sound/music on my computer can I record it somehow into

    the
    > computer so that I can own it and play it when I want?
    > What type of equipment will I need?

    If the sound file is on a website you are viewing
    you might see the URL link in the "source" text.

    If the file in use is using Media Player it could
    possibly be saved from the menu bar.

    Should you be downloading the sound files
    you could try right clicking on the desired
    file and select Save Target As

    Your soundcard might support "Record What
    you Hear"

    Nick, Jan 2, 2005
  4. Pete

    Guest

    On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 13:04:23 -0500, "Pete" <> wrote:

    |> If I can hear a sound/music on my computer can I record it somehow into the
    |> computer so that I can own it and play it when I want?
    |> What type of equipment will I need?

    Run (WinKey+R) sndrec32

    Click the record button when you hear something you want.

    It's down and dirty, saves as a wav file only, but it works.

    --

    , Jan 2, 2005
  5. Pete

    dadiOH Guest

    Pete wrote:
    > If I can hear a sound/music on my computer can I record it somehow
    > into the computer so that I can own it and play it when I want?
    > What type of equipment will I need?

    Sure. You can use Windows Sound Recorder for up to 60 second
    recordings, as much as you want if you make a blank wave file. Easier
    to look in my dandies below for another app to your liking.

    --
    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.05...

    dadiOH, Jan 2, 2005
  6. Pete

    Ian Jackson Guest

    In message <>, dadiOH <>
    writes
    >Pete wrote:
    >> If I can hear a sound/music on my computer can I record it somehow
    >> into the computer so that I can own it and play it when I want?
    >> What type of equipment will I need?

    >Sure. You can use Windows Sound Recorder for up to 60 second
    >recordings, as much as you want if you make a blank wave file. Easier
    >to look in my dandies below for another app to your liking.
    >
    >--
    >dadiOH
    >____________________________
    >
    >dadiOH's dandies v3.05...
    >...a help file of info about MP3s, recording from
    >LP/cassette and tips & tricks on this and that.
    >Get it at http://mysite.verizon.net/xico

    I use Harddisk Ogg.
    It's free. It works for me.
    http://www.fridgesoft.de/harddiskogg.php
    However, there are others.
    Ian.

    Ian Jackson, Jan 2, 2005
  7. Pete

    rick Guest

    On Sun, 2 Jan 2005 13:04:23 -0500, "Pete" <> wrote:

    >If I can hear a sound/music on my computer can I record it somehow into the
    >computer so that I can own it and play it when I want?
    >What type of equipment will I need?

    I use All Sound Recorder XP

    http://www.mp3do.com/

    snap

    rick, Jan 3, 2005
  8. Pete

    rick Guest

    rick, Jan 3, 2005
  9. "Pete" <> wrote in message
    : If I can hear a sound/music on my computer can I record it somehow into
    the
    : computer so that I can own it and play it when I want?
    : What type of equipment will I need?
    :
    :

    My company makes a program called RIP Vinyl that can record from pretty much
    any audio source on your computer, including streaming audio if your sound
    card supports recording from the stereo mixer. In addition, it will
    automatically create new tracks at silent portions of the recording, and
    discard the intervening silence.

    It isn't free, but almost is, costing only US $7.00

    You can read more about it, and get a free trial version from
    www.ripvinyl.com/?050104

    The trial version inserts beeps on the recording, so you can see if it does
    the job for you. If you have an ACM MP3 encoder installed, you can also
    record at the highest rate that encoder supports. My legal MP3 encoder from
    Cyberlink encodes to 320 kbits/second.

    Anthony Wieser
    Wieser Software Ltd

    Anthony Wieser, Jan 4, 2005
  10. Pete

    Eli Aran Guest

    www.magicsofts.com has a shareware SoundCapture program with an unlimited
    trial period!
    you can decide when to start recording whatever you can hear from your sound
    card and you can decide whether to save the recorded file as .wav or .mp3
    and at what bit rate etc.
    i used it for a few important recordings of iternet based radio programs i
    wanted to keep.
    take into consideration that not everything you can hear on the net is
    initialy *FREE* to record. you probably must get a written approval from
    copywrite holders of songs or their publishers in order to be able to record
    and use their material. i suppose recording "general" internet radio
    brodcasts (meaning people that sit and talk on the radio shows) are "ok" to
    record but check it out...
    you can find the program here:
    http://www.softpile.com/Multimedia/Audio/Review_11678_index.html
    and here: