    Or suggest a free alternative. All I need is to record something from a
    tape - nothing fancy. Sound Recorder is sufficient but for the above
    limitation.

    Zed, Nov 11, 2004

  2. Zed

    Rob Beech Guest

    "Zed" <> wrote in message
    news:cmvroq$94q$...
    > Does anyone know how to ensure that one can record more than 60s worth

    with
    > Sound Recorder?
    >
    > Or suggest a free alternative. All I need is to record something from a
    > tape - nothing fancy. Sound Recorder is sufficient but for the above
    > limitation.
    >
    > Your best bet is to go to www.download.com and look for a few thigns on

    there.
    Most are free trial but there might be a few freeware programs on there that
    will do the job.

    I dont know if you can adjust the length with sound recorder. I use
    samplitude Producer for my work which is rather more complicated and
    expensive :) but it is my job.

    Rob

    Rob Beech, Nov 11, 2004

    :
    : Or suggest a free alternative. All I need is to record something from a
    : tape - nothing fancy. Sound Recorder is sufficient but for the above
    : limitation.
    :
    :

    Our company produces a product called RIP Vinyl which will record from any
    audio source on your PC, including streaming audio via the mixer control

    You can download a free trial from www.ripvinyl.com/?041111

    The demo version inserts beeps on each track, and it costs only US $7.00 for
    the registered version, which is nearly free.

    Anthony Wieser
    Wieser Software Ltd

    Anthony Wieser, Nov 11, 2004
  4. Zed

    dadiOH Guest

    Zed wrote:
    > Does anyone know how to ensure that one can record more than 60s
    > worth with Sound Recorder?

    Make a "template" file...

    1. record 60 seconds of nothing or something
    2. move time slider back to start position
    3. goto #1

    Repeat until you have recorded a length => whatever you really want to
    record.

    4. save the file

    When you want to record something, open your template file and record
    over it.

    --
    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.05...

    dadiOH, Nov 11, 2004
  5. Zed

    °Mike° Guest

    °Mike°, Nov 11, 2004
  6. Zed wrote:
    > Does anyone know how to ensure that one can record more than 60s worth with
    > Sound Recorder?
    >
    > Or suggest a free alternative. All I need is to record something from a
    > tape - nothing fancy. Sound Recorder is sufficient but for the above
    > limitation.

    I like MP3 Sound Recorder by Cooolsoft.

    It is shareware, but the trial allows you to record up to 3 minutes.

    http://www.download.com/MP3-Sound-Recorder/3000-2168_4-10132298.html?tag=lst-0-8

    Queen of the Potato People, Nov 11, 2004