    Jim S
    Tyneside UK
    http://www.jimscott.co.uk

    Jim S, Jan 24, 2007

  2. Jim S

    pinchee Guest

    Your sound system is going probably, the one on the MB or your card. This
    is typical of an overheat condition or poor circulation within the box.
    If you pipe sound through a powered speaker system it could be the
    transformer there. When you shut down and reboot it gives the malfunction
    enough time to cool down enough to resume.

    pinchee, Jan 24, 2007

  3. Jim S

    Jim S Guest

    On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 11:47:19 -0700, pinchee wrote:

    > Your sound system is going probably, the one on the MB or your card. This
    > is typical of an overheat condition or poor circulation within the box.
    > If you pipe sound through a powered speaker system it could be the
    > transformer there. When you shut down and reboot it gives the malfunction
    > enough time to cool down enough to resume.
    >
    > "Jim S" <> wrote in message
    >> Sometimes my sound loses volume which cannot be restored without a
    >> re-start.
    >> Does anyone know why?
    >> --
    >> Jim S
    >> Tyneside UK
    >> http://www.jimscott.co.uk

    Since posting I have tracked it down to when I try to play .m4a files (which
    I have the codecs for).
    Does that make a difference?
    --
    Jim S