    If I cant get any sound on my pc, yet the device manager says my soundcard
    is working and all the correct drivers are installed, does this rule out the
    soundcard as being faulty?

    Johno, Sep 21, 2006

  2. Johno

    Ponder Guest

    Hiya Johno.

    In <news:4512b298$0$3616$> you wrote:

    > If I cant get any sound on my pc, yet the device manager says my soundcard
    > is working and all the correct drivers are installed, does this rule out the
    > soundcard as being faulty?

    Are the speakers plugged into the correct socket? Is the default audio
    device pointing to the correct device and not something silly like a modem?

    --
    PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952

    Ponder, Sep 21, 2006

  3. "Johno" <> wrote in message
    > Can anyone who is an expert in here answer a question for me;
    >
    > If I cant get any sound on my pc, yet the device manager says my soundcard
    > is working and all the correct drivers are installed, does this rule out
    > the soundcard as being faulty?

    Silly stuff --but don't forget to check that the volume is turned up at any
    mechanical volume dials and in your software, and none of the mute boxes are
    checked. Also, speakers plugged in tightly, powered on, wires not cut?

    Doug

    Douglas C. Neidermeyer, Sep 21, 2006
  4. Johno

    Johno Guest

    Guys, i really have checked all the simple, silly stuff and i have been
    using the same setup for the past three years, nothing has changed.

    I am lost as to what the problem is as it just doesnt make any sense at all,
    as nothing appears to be faulty, waires have been checked, volume has been
    checked, leads have been checked, you name and i have checked it!

    Johno, Sep 21, 2006
  5. Johno

    shrek Guest

    find out which is the sound card installed on the PC or Laptop.

    shrek, Sep 21, 2006
  6. Johno

    shrek Guest

    find out which is the sound card installed on the PC or Laptop.Then try
    to re-install the software.

    check under volume controller click advance tab uncheck the digital
    output.

    shrek, Sep 21, 2006
  7. Johno

    Plato Guest

    Johno wrote:

    > If I cant get any sound on my pc, yet the device manager says my soundcard
    > is working and all the correct drivers are installed, does this rule out the
    > soundcard as being faulty?

    No, device manager is NOT a diag app that can tell if a card is working
    or dead. In fact, it often reports cards are perfectly fine after they
    get a ligtning surge and smell like burnt toast.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Sep 21, 2006
  8. In article <4512b298$0$3616$>,
    "Johno" <> wrote:

    > Can anyone who is an expert in here answer a question for me;
    >
    > If I cant get any sound on my pc, yet the device manager says my soundcard
    > is working and all the correct drivers are installed, does this rule out the
    > soundcard as being faulty?

    Which card? What OS?

    David Matthew Wood, Sep 22, 2006
  9. Johno

    Jimmy Dean Guest

    On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 16:40:40 +0100, "Johno"
    <> wrote:

    >Can anyone who is an expert in here answer a question for me;
    >
    >If I cant get any sound on my pc, yet the device manager says my soundcard
    >is working and all the correct drivers are installed, does this rule out the
    >soundcard as being faulty?

    Humor me and borrow another set of speakers which work on another PC.
    Make sure they are plugged into the correct soundcard socket (usually
    green on a desktop PC).

    jd

    Jimmy Dean, Sep 22, 2006
  10. Johno

    ProfGene Guest

    Johno wrote:
    > Can anyone who is an expert in here answer a question for me;
    >
    > If I cant get any sound on my pc, yet the device manager says my soundcard
    > is working and all the correct drivers are installed, does this rule out the
    > soundcard as being faulty?

    The first thing you should do is check your volume and make sure it is
    turned up. Also check the connection of the sound out. Also listen on
    earphones to make sure there is no problem between the computer and your
    speakers. If you have the drivers for your sound remove the drivers in
    control panel and reboot and allow Windows to reinstall the drivers
    guiding the way to wherever you have them.

    ProfGene, Sep 23, 2006