    the sound driver but get the same results.

    Help!!
    Anon

    Anon, Jan 22, 2006

  2. Anon

    Guest

    Does the sound card come with software of its own? what speakers do you
    use?

    , Jan 22, 2006

  5. Anon

    Anon Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Does the sound card come with software of its own? what speakers do you
    > use?

    I got the latest drivers from the Creative site and installed them. The
    sound is perfect when playing audio files, only video sound is messed up. It
    is not the speakers, I tried earphones and it is the same as the speakers.

    Anon, Jan 22, 2006
  6. Anon

    Guest

    have you played audio files in media player, or another player? maybe
    you have to reinstall the programs after you install a new sound
    driver. Also you should try watching a video over the internet and see
    if it has the same affect, just try bbc news over the internet, if it
    works perfectly then it might be a problem with windows media player.
    before you try to fix the problem you have to know what it is, it could
    be the sound card, the software etc. Did this problem start when you
    got the new sound card???

    , Jan 22, 2006
  7. Anon

    Anon Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > have you played audio files in media player, or another player? maybe
    > you have to reinstall the programs after you install a new sound
    > driver. Also you should try watching a video over the internet and see
    > if it has the same affect, just try bbc news over the internet, if it
    > works perfectly then it might be a problem with windows media player.
    > before you try to fix the problem you have to know what it is, it could
    > be the sound card, the software etc. Did this problem start when you
    > got the new sound card???

    Audio files play perfectly in all players, media player, nero player, real
    player and Power DVD. Sound is garbled when I play avi files in any player.
    Sound is garbled when I play DVDs with Power DVD or media player. The sound
    at the BBC site was ok. The sound card has been in the computer for a long
    time. This has got me stomped.

    Anon, Jan 22, 2006
  8. Anon

    Plato Guest

    wrote:

    > Does the sound card come with software of its own? what speakers do you
    > use?

    Garbled sound is MOST often NOT due to the type of speakers one owns.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Jan 22, 2006
  9. Anon

    SEYMOUR Guest

    mtry real player or media player classic to eliminate the player from the
    equation
    or maybe try div x player

    SEYMOUR, Jan 22, 2006