    Anyone help me to recover this?

    Thanks

    Antijoy
    joyglbs, Mar 7, 2007

  2. joyglbs

    Demolitio Guest

    joyglbs wrote:
    > Dear all,
    >
    > When working with the Lap, Avast Anti Virus found a virus. My brother
    > delete it. After that I am not getting the sound. I am using Windows
    > XP Pro. (When booting, the logoof Sony Viao dispalying with Sound)
    >
    > Anyone help me to recover this?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Antijoy

    1) check to see if anything is muted in your volume control panel,
    and/or software your useing to play audio.

    2) reinstall your sound drivers in Safe Mode, and then reboot your
    computer to normal. follow step 1 again. if it doesnt work after this,
    proceed to step 3.

    3) try a system restore, rolling back to a point where you knew the
    sound was working. (most of the time doesnt work, but worth a try).

    4) if all this fails to get it working, you could try reformatting
    useing the recovery disks that come with your system, but persoanlly, i
    think thats overkill. quite likely at this point it would be a problem
    with your soundcard, which will need to be sent in to be repaired/replaced
    Demolitio, Mar 7, 2007