Sound Problem DVD playback

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by zjon, Feb 26, 2006.

  1. zjon

    zjon Guest

    I am having a rough time getting dvd playback to work properly. The
    sound is always distorted (it cracks alot) and sometimes the video is
    slow.

    I am using a Toshiba internal writer DVD and have windows 2k on an ASUS
    motherboard. The video card is NVida 6600gt with the latest driver. The
    machine is pretty new with dual processor.

    I have tried different players like WinDVD, Nero, PowerDVD.

    Some have suggested installing correct Codec. I have tried some Codec
    bundles but none help.

    --
    "But frankly, I find it outrageous that the president is running for
    re-election on the grounds that he's done such great things about

    Richard Clarke, terrorism coordinator under four administrations
    zjon, Feb 26, 2006

  2. > Some have suggested installing correct Codec. I have tried some Codec
    > bundles but none help.

    Have you made sure the drive is set to DMA and
    not PIO?

    drc :)
    Darrel Christenson, Feb 26, 2006