    files while surfing (sometimes) and often there are skips in playback.

    Thanks for your help.

    Robert

    John Gelanzes, Mar 7, 2007

  2. John Gelanzes

    WhzzKdd Guest

    "John Gelanzes" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > is there a way of stopping "hiccups" or glitching sound? I play mp3 and
    > wav files while surfing (sometimes) and often there are skips in playback.
    >
    > Thanks for your help.

    Ummmm....There's a myriad of things that could cause skipping like that.

    How fast is your processor? Do you have a good audio card? How much RAM do
    you have? Is your hard drive getting full? What is your operating system?
    Does it skip if you're NOT on the web? Have you checked to be sure nothing
    extra is running? What program are you playing your music with?

    WhzzKdd, Mar 7, 2007

  3. John Gelanzes

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 11:38:59 -0800, "John Gelanzes"
    <> wrote:

    >is there a way of stopping "hiccups" or glitching sound? I play mp3 and wav
    >files while surfing (sometimes) and often there are skips in playback.
    >
    >Thanks for your help.

    Ok, you're using Outlook Express, so I can only guess you're maybe
    using Windows XP.

    But, I can't even fathom to guess what web browser, or what program
    you are using to play themse mp3's, and other details about your
    computer - memory, processor speed, etc.

    Evan Platt, Mar 7, 2007
  4. John Gelanzes

    Ian Guest

    > is there a way of stopping "hiccups" or glitching sound? I play mp3 and
    > wav files while surfing (sometimes) and often there are skips in playback.
    >
    > Thanks for your help.
    >
    > Robert

    You need to stop using a USB modem, it's overloading your processor.

    Ian, Mar 7, 2007
  5. John Gelanzes

    John Holmes Guest

    Evan Platt "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    > On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 11:38:59 -0800, "John Gelanzes"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >>is there a way of stopping "hiccups" or glitching sound? I play mp3
    >>and wav files while surfing (sometimes) and often there are skips in
    >>playback.
    >>
    >>Thanks for your help.

    > Ok, you're using Outlook Express, so I can only guess you're maybe
    > using Windows XP.
    >
    > But, I can't even fathom to guess what web browser, or what program
    > you are using to play themse mp3's, and other details about your
    > computer - memory, processor speed, etc.

    You can't even fathom to guess what web browser, or what program
    you are using to play mp3's, and other details about your
    own system, you useless ****.

    --
    Your mother was a lackadaisical con artist who drew all her self-esteem
    from vodka in caves.

    John Holmes, Mar 7, 2007
  6. John Gelanzes

    Soundblaster Guest

    "Ian" <> wrote in message

    > "John Gelanzes" <> wrote in message
    >> is there a way of stopping "hiccups" or glitching sound? I play mp3 and
    >> wav files while surfing (sometimes) and often there are skips in
    >> playback.
    >>
    >> Thanks for your help.
    >>
    >> Robert
    >>

    > You need to stop using a USB modem, it's overloading your processor.

    LMFAO

    Soundblaster, Mar 8, 2007