    rip somewhere along the line?

    Thanks
    Newfdog

    Newfdog, Feb 1, 2005

  2. Newfdog

    Newfdog Guest

    bambam wrote:
    > Newfdog <> wrote in news:dyDLd.223257
    > $:
    >

    >>Hi all... I recently downloaded a movie file from the internet and after
    >>burning it to DVD I find that the sound lags behind the video. This
    >>effect can hardly be noticed at first but as the movie plays on it
    >>becomes more pronounced. The files where of the type .vob, .ifo and .bup
    >>and I used Nero 6 burning rom to do the burning. Has anyone encountered
    >>this problem before? Is the problem on my end or is it the case of a bad
    >>rip somewhere along the line?

    > If you play the .vob file on your hard drive, is it out of sync?

    Hey bambam... I just tried that and it's not out of sync. I also played
    the dvd in several other players and it's not out of sync. Guess I have
    a questionable dvd player here. It's a brand new JVC. I didn't have any
    problem with a commercial dvd though. Might have to return it.

    Thanks
    Newfdog

    Newfdog, Feb 1, 2005

  3. Newfdog

    Billy

    Joined:
    Jul 20, 2006
    Messages:
    12
    I encountered the same problem only with Nero 7, I tried first trasnfering them into DVD from AVI no help, along with various other methods, finally I tried to us the burning in VSO ( divx to dvd) and noticed it cleared up so I knew then it was a nero problem not a problem with the DVDRW drive your going laugh when you hear this but I decided to try burning at the lowest possible speed and Voila, the problem was fixed, that was about 8 months and 100 dvds ago and I have not had the problem since.Note: I'm running a P4@3.0ghz (800FSB) and 1024mb of ram and the VSO program redlines my CPU usage at 100% from the moment it kicks in to the moment it is done converting, not like I have to say this but thats no good, becare if you use this program, having the cpu running at 100% for an hour will likely cost you your processor after a while

    Billy, Aug 6, 2006