    Gigabyte 8I915P Pro

    Anyone got any ideas?

    Allan

    (Just) Allan, Jan 1, 2006

  2. (Just) Allan

    Brian Guest

    Is the jack you are plugged into not for the front speakers by default? If
    so try plugging the speakers into the correct one. Another idea is that the
    system is not retaining your configuration settings when you restart. Check
    for a config file for the sound card and see if it changes between when you
    restart and correct the settings, if not that is your issue. You could also
    try reinstalling the audio drivers for your system

    Brian, Jan 2, 2006

  3. (Just) Allan

    (Just) Allan Guest

    On Sun, 1 Jan 2006 18:44:53 -0600, "Brian"
    <> wrote:

    >Is the jack you are plugged into not for the front speakers by default? If
    >so try plugging the speakers into the correct one.

    It's different from what I'm used to, that's for sure. There are no
    defaults!? Everything is plug and play - you plug your speakers into
    any one of several jacks and a window pops up and asks what you just
    plugged into that jack. (Front speaker, back speaker, headphones...)

    >Another idea is that the
    >system is not retaining your configuration settings when you restart. Check
    >for a config file for the sound card and see if it changes between when you
    >restart and correct the settings, if not that is your issue. You could also
    >try reinstalling the audio drivers for your system.

    Not sure where to find such a config file - I do some searching and
    try to find it. I guess I'm hoping someone here has the same
    motherboard and has come across the same problem. (I hate learning
    curves.) ; p

    Thanks - anyone else with suggestions?

    Allan

    (Just) Allan, Jan 2, 2006