    Does anyone know how much Sound would be lost from an Original CD to ppl
    downloading it from a musical website? If any?

    Thanks so much for your help, Scott.

    Wereo_SUPREME, Jan 2, 2007

  2. In article <459a2bcb$0$4875$>,
    "Wereo_SUPREME" <> wrote:

    > Greetings-
    >
    > Does anyone know how much Sound would be lost from an Original CD to ppl
    > downloading it from a musical website? If any?
    >
    > Thanks so much for your help, Scott.

    Depends on how it was ripped, depends on the bitrate used, depends on
    the CODEC used. Also depends on what the sound actually is.

    David Matthew Wood, Jan 2, 2007

  3. Wereo_SUPREME

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 02 Jan 2007 12:32:18 GMT, David Matthew Wood wrote:

    >In article <459a2bcb$0$4875$>,
    > "Wereo_SUPREME" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Greetings-
    >>
    >> Does anyone know how much Sound would be lost from an Original CD to ppl
    >> downloading it from a musical website? If any?
    >>
    >> Thanks so much for your help, Scott.

    >Depends on how it was ripped, depends on the bitrate used, depends on
    >the CODEC used. Also depends on what the sound actually is.

    OP was told that already, in the other posts of his ongoing sagas. Then
    again he said something about copies of CDs done by professional
    engineers. It's easier by now to just ignore the posts.

    A quick search of 24hshd in Google Groups,

    1) What's the quality of CD download compared to Original?
    Use the highest bit rate you can (320) and then let others compress it
    down
    for size. For better help try the MP3 groups I'm planning ...
    Dec 23 2006, 6:31 am by Wereo_SUPREME - 8 messages - 3 authors

    2) Does a copied CD sound like Original?
    I've got some professionally recorded CDs from my Master CD which both
    were
    recorded by the same engineer. I can't find my original ...
    Dec 30 2006, 6:30 am by Wereo_SUPREME - 12 messages - 8 authors

    3) How does this 70s CD sound?
    Hey Tattoo Vampire that's very thoughtful of you and thank you as well
    for checking
    out the Audio file. I certainly intend to put up more than three. ...
    Dec 26 2006, 7:17 am by Wereo_SUPREME - 11 messages - 4 authors

    Me

    why?, Jan 2, 2007
  4. Wereo_SUPREME

    Meat Plow Guest

    On Tue, 02 Jan 2007 15:08:42 +0000, why? Has Frothed:

    > On Tue, 02 Jan 2007 12:32:18 GMT, David Matthew Wood wrote:
    >
    >>In article <459a2bcb$0$4875$>,
    >> "Wereo_SUPREME" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Greetings-
    >>>
    >>> Does anyone know how much Sound would be lost from an Original CD to ppl
    >>> downloading it from a musical website? If any?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks so much for your help, Scott.

    >>Depends on how it was ripped, depends on the bitrate used, depends on
    >>the CODEC used. Also depends on what the sound actually is.

    > OP was told that already, in the other posts of his ongoing sagas. Then
    > again he said something about copies of CDs done by professional
    > engineers. It's easier by now to just ignore the posts.

    Wereo (Scott Lifeshine) is a piss poor troll mostly ignored for his
    repetitious bullshit.

    Searched all groups Results 1 - 10 of about 2,630 for
    author:Wereo_SUPREME

    COOSN-266-06-25794

    Meat Plow, Jan 2, 2007
  5. Wereo_SUPREME

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2007-01-02, Wereo_SUPREME <> wrote:
    > Greetings-
    >
    > Does anyone know how much Sound would be lost from an Original CD to ppl
    > downloading it from a musical website? If any?
    >
    > Thanks so much for your help, Scott.

    It isn't possible to 'download an original CD'; that would be
    matter-transportation, and so far the only way to do that involves boats,
    cars, lorries, trains, horses, dog-sleds, people walking, and so on. Not
    the internet (although you can use the internet to order a CD to be
    delivered by post or some other such traditional matter-transportation
    system; no sound needs to be involved in that process - although the CD
    itself could get lost or damaged, of course).

    It isn't possible to download sounds either, and for much the same
    reasons. (Sound requires matter to carry the sound-waves ...).

    You can upload and download digital files, including files that represent
    sounds. How much data is 'lost' depends not on the 'downloading' as such,
    but on what, if any, compression or format conversion is performed on the
    digital data from the original CD (and of course, on how well the original
    analogue sounds are converted into digital form in the first place).

    Do you mean "will downloaded music sound the same as it would if I
    listened to an original CD of the same performance?" The shortish answer
    to that is "probably not quite the same, but some people may not notice or
    care; most downloadable music is in a compressed format, eg "MP3", which
    contains less information about the original sounds than a normal CD
    would". The long answer could fill a book.

    It is of course illegal to copy a commercial recording and share it with
    anyone else, unless you have permission from the copyright holder.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Jan 2, 2007
  6. Wereo_SUPREME

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 02 Jan 2007 10:29:21 -0500, Meat Plow wrote:

    Hi,

    >On Tue, 02 Jan 2007 15:08:42 +0000, why? Has Frothed:
    >
    >> On Tue, 02 Jan 2007 12:32:18 GMT, David Matthew Wood wrote:

    <snip>
    >>>Depends on how it was ripped, depends on the bitrate used, depends on
    >>>the CODEC used. Also depends on what the sound actually is.

    >> OP was told that already, in the other posts of his ongoing sagas. Then

    <snip>

    >Wereo (Scott Lifeshine) is a piss poor troll mostly ignored for his
    >repetitious bullshit.

    After the last few posts was beginning to see that.

    >Searched all groups Results 1 - 10 of about 2,630 for
    >author:Wereo_SUPREME

    Me

    why?, Jan 2, 2007
  7. Wereo_SUPREME

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 02 Jan 2007 15:08:42 GMT, why?

    >OP was told that already, in the other posts of his ongoing sagas. Then
    >again he said something about copies of CDs done by professional
    >engineers. It's easier by now to just ignore the posts.

    We should hook him and Heidi Manaway up.

    Evan Platt, Jan 2, 2007

  8. > OP was told that already, in the other posts of his ongoing sagas. Then
    > again he said something about copies of CDs done by professional
    > engineers. It's easier by now to just ignore the posts.
    >
    > A quick search of 24hshd in Google Groups,
    >
    > 1) What's the quality of CD download compared to Original?
    > Use the highest bit rate you can (320) and then let others compress it
    > down
    > for size. For better help try the MP3 groups I'm planning ...
    > Dec 23 2006, 6:31 am by Wereo_SUPREME - 8 messages - 3 authors
    >
    > 2) Does a copied CD sound like Original?
    > I've got some professionally recorded CDs from my Master CD which both
    > were
    > recorded by the same engineer. I can't find my original ...
    > Dec 30 2006, 6:30 am by Wereo_SUPREME - 12 messages - 8 authors
    >
    > 3) How does this 70s CD sound?
    > Hey Tattoo Vampire that's very thoughtful of you and thank you as well
    > for checking
    > out the Audio file. I certainly intend to put up more than three. ...
    > Dec 26 2006, 7:17 am by Wereo_SUPREME - 11 messages - 4 authors
    >

    > Me

    damn.. completely missed that :p

    David Matthew Wood, Jan 2, 2007
  9. "Meat Plow" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 02 Jan 2007 15:08:42 +0000, why? Has Frothed:
    >
    >> On Tue, 02 Jan 2007 12:32:18 GMT, David Matthew Wood wrote:

    >>>Depends on how it was ripped, depends on the bitrate used, depends on
    >>>the CODEC used. Also depends on what the sound actually is.

    >> OP was told that already, in the other posts of his ongoing sagas. Then
    >> again he said something about copies of CDs done by professional
    >> engineers. It's easier by now to just ignore the posts.

    > Wereo (Scott Lifeshine) is a piss poor troll mostly ignored for his
    > repetitious bullshit.
    >
    > Searched all groups Results 1 - 10 of about 2,630 for
    > author:Wereo_SUPREME

    > COOSN-266-06-25794

    This begs the question, "Why are you sticking your nose in my Business from
    way over yonder?" Lol :eek:

    Wereo_SUPREME, Jan 2, 2007
  10. "why?" <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote in message

    > On Tue, 02 Jan 2007 12:32:18 GMT, David Matthew Wood wrote:
    >
    >>In article <459a2bcb$0$4875$>,
    >> "Wereo_SUPREME" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Greetings-
    >>>
    >>> Does anyone know how much Sound would be lost from an Original CD to ppl
    >>> downloading it from a musical website? If any?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks so much for your help, Scott.

    >>Depends on how it was ripped, depends on the bitrate used, depends on
    >>the CODEC used. Also depends on what the sound actually is.

    > OP was told that already, in the other posts of his ongoing sagas. Then
    > again he said something about copies of CDs done by professional
    > engineers. It's easier by now to just ignore the posts.
    >
    > A quick search of 24hshd in Google Groups,
    >
    > 1) What's the quality of CD download compared to Original?
    > Use the highest bit rate you can (320) and then let others compress it
    > down
    > for size. For better help try the MP3 groups I'm planning ...
    > Dec 23 2006, 6:31 am by Wereo_SUPREME - 8 messages - 3 authors
    >
    > 2) Does a copied CD sound like Original?
    > I've got some professionally recorded CDs from my Master CD which both
    > were
    > recorded by the same engineer. I can't find my original ...
    > Dec 30 2006, 6:30 am by Wereo_SUPREME - 12 messages - 8 authors
    >
    > 3) How does this 70s CD sound?
    > Hey Tattoo Vampire that's very thoughtful of you and thank you as well
    > for checking
    > out the Audio file. I certainly intend to put up more than three. ...
    > Dec 26 2006, 7:17 am by Wereo_SUPREME - 11 messages - 4 authors
    >

    > Me

    Yeah, but that's not what I asked last Saturday, why. What kind of DUMB name
    is that anyway, "why." It tends to cause a lot of confusion. I guess that's
    your surname "Confusion" lol :eek:

    Wereo_SUPREME, Jan 2, 2007
  11. "David Matthew Wood" <> wrote in message

    >> OP was told that already, in the other posts of his ongoing sagas. Then
    >> again he said something about copies of CDs done by professional
    >> engineers. It's easier by now to just ignore the posts.
    >>
    >> A quick search of 24hshd in Google Groups,
    >>
    >> 1) What's the quality of CD download compared to Original?
    >> Use the highest bit rate you can (320) and then let others compress it
    >> down
    >> for size. For better help try the MP3 groups I'm planning ...
    >> Dec 23 2006, 6:31 am by Wereo_SUPREME - 8 messages - 3 authors
    >>
    >> 2) Does a copied CD sound like Original?
    >> I've got some professionally recorded CDs from my Master CD which both
    >> were
    >> recorded by the same engineer. I can't find my original ...
    >> Dec 30 2006, 6:30 am by Wereo_SUPREME - 12 messages - 8 authors
    >>
    >> 3) How does this 70s CD sound?
    >> Hey Tattoo Vampire that's very thoughtful of you and thank you as well
    >> for checking
    >> out the Audio file. I certainly intend to put up more than three. ...
    >> Dec 26 2006, 7:17 am by Wereo_SUPREME - 11 messages - 4 authors
    >>

    >> Me

    > damn.. completely missed that :p

    Looks like you missed "a few things." Scott

    Wereo_SUPREME, Jan 2, 2007
  12. "Whiskers" <> wrote in message
    > On 2007-01-02, Wereo_SUPREME <> wrote:
    >> Greetings-
    >>
    >> Does anyone know how much Sound would be lost from an Original CD to ppl
    >> downloading it from a musical website? If any?
    >>
    >> Thanks so much for your help, Scott.

    > It isn't possible to 'download an original CD'; that would be
    > matter-transportation, and so far the only way to do that involves boats,
    > cars, lorries, trains, horses, dog-sleds, people walking, and so on. Not
    > the internet (although you can use the internet to order a CD to be
    > delivered by post or some other such traditional matter-transportation
    > system; no sound needs to be involved in that process - although the CD
    > itself could get lost or damaged, of course).
    >
    > It isn't possible to download sounds either, and for much the same
    > reasons. (Sound requires matter to carry the sound-waves ...).
    >
    > You can upload and download digital files, including files that represent
    > sounds. How much data is 'lost' depends not on the 'downloading' as such,
    > but on what, if any, compression or format conversion is performed on the
    > digital data from the original CD (and of course, on how well the original
    > analogue sounds are converted into digital form in the first place).
    >
    > Do you mean "will downloaded music sound the same as it would if I
    > listened to an original CD of the same performance?" The shortish answer
    > to that is "probably not quite the same, but some people may not notice or
    > care; most downloadable music is in a compressed format, eg "MP3", which
    > contains less information about the original sounds than a normal CD
    > would". The long answer could fill a book.
    >
    > It is of course illegal to copy a commercial recording and share it with
    > anyone else, unless you have permission from the copyright holder.
    >
    > --
    > -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    > -- Whiskers
    > -- ~~~~~~~~~~

    Thank you Whiskers. This is exactly the answer I'm looking for. Should I
    apologize for my Band of Cranks? They come out of the internet woodwork.

    As far as copying a commercial recording, if you'd classify the 33 year old
    California Jam Broadcast as a commercial recording, which is what I'm
    researching, I've been searching for the copyright holder for 5 years.

    Everyone's got their measly versions of California Jam up on the Internet;
    MINE however is the Vastly SUPERIOR version to those. So we could be in for
    a Big Party!

    I don't understand why everyone's got their cheap-ass copies of the Jam up
    on the Internet except for me when MINE is the biggest thing in the World!
    Yay! I'm sick and tired of this foolish nonsense. I want everyone to know
    what REALLY happened at the Jam and it's Spectacular Piece of Americana the
    likes of which America has never known.

    Wereo_SUPREME, Jan 2, 2007
  13. In article <459ad298$0$4747$>,
    "Wereo_SUPREME" <> wrote:

    > "David Matthew Wood" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > >> OP was told that already, in the other posts of his ongoing sagas. Then
    > >> again he said something about copies of CDs done by professional
    > >> engineers. It's easier by now to just ignore the posts.
    > >>
    > >> A quick search of 24hshd in Google Groups,
    > >>
    > >> 1) What's the quality of CD download compared to Original?
    > >> Use the highest bit rate you can (320) and then let others compress it
    > >> down
    > >> for size. For better help try the MP3 groups I'm planning ...
    > >> Dec 23 2006, 6:31 am by Wereo_SUPREME - 8 messages - 3 authors
    > >>
    > >> 2) Does a copied CD sound like Original?
    > >> I've got some professionally recorded CDs from my Master CD which both
    > >> were
    > >> recorded by the same engineer. I can't find my original ...
    > >> Dec 30 2006, 6:30 am by Wereo_SUPREME - 12 messages - 8 authors
    > >>
    > >> 3) How does this 70s CD sound?
    > >> Hey Tattoo Vampire that's very thoughtful of you and thank you as well
    > >> for checking
    > >> out the Audio file. I certainly intend to put up more than three. ...
    > >> Dec 26 2006, 7:17 am by Wereo_SUPREME - 11 messages - 4 authors
    > >>

    > >> Me

    > > damn.. completely missed that :p

    > Looks like you missed "a few things." Scott

    Huh? I'm the one who replied to your original post with an answer to
    your question..

    David Matthew Wood, Jan 2, 2007
  14. "David Matthew Wood" <> wrote in message
    > In article <459ad298$0$4747$>,
    > "Wereo_SUPREME" <> wrote:
    >
    >> "David Matthew Wood" <> wrote in message

    >> > damn.. completely missed that :p

    >> Looks like you missed "a few things." Scott

    > Huh? I'm the one who replied to your original post with an answer to
    > your question..

    Yes you did but you seemed to lean towards my hecklers after that. Therefore
    I chastised you a bit. Forgive me if my punishment went in the wrong
    direction.

    Wereo_SUPREME, Jan 2, 2007