    out, etc? I'd appreciate any suggestions. All I have is Creative Wave
    Studio that came with my sound card. Thanks.

    , Nov 3, 2004

  2. dadiOH Guest

    wrote:
    > Does anyone know of any decent sound editing software, something
    > that I can work with mp3 or wav files, take clips out of them, fade
    > in and out, etc? I'd appreciate any suggestions. All I have is
    > Creative Wave Studio that came with my sound card. Thanks.

    You should be able to do all that with what you have. Might need a separate decoder to get MP3<>WAV.

    If you don't want to bother doing your own MP3<>WAV, get Audacity
    http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

    For MP3s without having to decode/encode use MP3Trim to fade, trim, take clips, etc. Free is fine for files under 7 minutes playtime.
    http://www.logiccell.com/~mp3trim/

    More info in my dandies below...

    --
    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.05...

    dadiOH, Nov 3, 2004

  3. Jim Guest

    In a word, Soundforge. Its the dogs bollocks.
    <> wrote in message
    > Does anyone know of any decent sound editing software, something that
    > I can work with mp3 or wav files, take clips out of them, fade in and
    > out, etc? I'd appreciate any suggestions. All I have is Creative Wave
    > Studio that came with my sound card. Thanks.

    ---

    Jim, Nov 3, 2004
  4. wrote:
    > Does anyone know of any decent sound editing software, something that
    > I can work with mp3 or wav files, take clips out of them, fade in and
    > out, etc? I'd appreciate any suggestions. All I have is Creative Wave
    > Studio that came with my sound card. Thanks.

    Cool Edit Pro

    Calvin Pardue, Jan 13, 2005
  5. jon brookes Guest

    jon brookes, Jan 13, 2005
  6. maurice Guest

    The excellent Cool Edit Pro has been bought up by Adobe who have enlarged
    and renamed it Audition. Integrates into Premiere but also as a separate
    stand alone application.
    --
    Maurice Fleisher <>
    www.videoenterprises-uk.co.uk

    maurice, Jan 13, 2005
  7. Belsica88

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    I hope using FlexiMusic Wave Editor would render all your works with ease (i.e.,) working
    with both mp3 and wav files ,take clips, fade in and fade out.

    Belsica88, Jul 10, 2006