    not the same thing with Vista??
    best regards
    pierre

    =?Utf-8?B?cGllcnJvdCBib3JkZWF1eA==?=, Jul 7, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?cGllcnJvdCBib3JkZWF1eA==?=

    Zapper Guest

    It depends......my ATI TVTuner Windows XP 64 drivers are working fine(for
    TV, but not other inputs) under Vista 64. I believe I am using XP 64 drivers
    for my soundblaster card also. My VIVO drivers do not work though...

    "pierrot bordeaux" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    Zapper, Jul 7, 2006

  3. Some drivers will work, some will not. There's no given that a particular
    driver from x64 XP will work. One determinant is that NO driver is allowed
    in Vista x64 that isn't signed. At this point, you can tell Vista to go
    ahead and install the driver, but in actual fact it won't load upon reboot
    and you'll have either an error message (if you're lucky) or a blue screen.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 7, 2006
  4. For me It's blue screen option Stop 0x3B
    I'm obliged to disable the audio device,
    otherwise Vista found on my disks The "XP Pro 32b version" and use it ....
    And C-media don't give their hydrogene beta test driver to test !!!
    Snif

    =?Utf-8?B?cGllcnJvdCBib3JkZWF1eA==?=, Aug 3, 2006
  5. Not surprising. I don't count on any XP drivers working, though I'll usually
    try them if I can't get it to work else

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 4, 2006
  6. After contact taken with Cmedia for Vista driver, they suggest me to
    uninstall the Cmedia drivers with the aim of using "Microsoft's audio class
    driver for Vista"...
    unfortunatly after uninstalling Soft and drivers (after reboot), Vista
    réinstall the same driver !!!!
    Any idea how to remove definitely these audio drivers ??

    =?Utf-8?B?cGllcnJvdCBib3JkZWF1eA==?=, Aug 22, 2006
  7. After contact taken with "Cmedia forum" for Vista compatible drivers, they
    suggest me to uninstall the actual driver to use Microsoft's audio class
    driver for Vista.
    Unfortunatly, After uninstalling Soft and drivers, Vista always reinstall
    the same drivers...
    Any idea how to definitely remove these drivers

    =?Utf-8?B?cGllcnJvdCBib3JkZWF1eA==?=, Aug 22, 2006
  8. Nope. If Vista wants to install the same ones again. your best bet is to
    point to specific drivers that are known to work and force the install of
    those. Since you're working with cmedia folks on their forum, you should be
    able to get more details from them.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 23, 2006
  9. i gave the same answer in another post now.
    was able to find a signed x64 driver that works for me for the on-board
    CMI9880 (cmedia high definition audio).
    don't remember where i found it, but i uploaded it to:
    "http://rapidshare.de/files/36313329/Cmedia_64_WHQL_.zip" so you can get it
    from there.

    =?Utf-8?B?eW9uaXk=?=, Oct 11, 2006