    or any activity on the internet seems to effect my sound.

    Comments

    Suggestions on possible fixes?

    Kue2, Sep 20, 2007

  2. Kue2:
    There's a huge range of root causes for your problem.
    Hardware:
    - Is it up to the task, i.e., does it have enough muscle for multitasking?
    - What is your sound device?
    Software:
    - Try lowering down the priority of Internet Explorer (bring up task
    manager, right click on the iexplore.exe process and lower down its priority)
    - Lates drivers for your sound device?
    - Does it happen with any player? Have you tried the lightweight Media
    Player Classic instead of resource hog WMP?

    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Sep 20, 2007

  3. Kue2

    David Guest

    Kue2 wrote:
    > Anyone else have problems with sound (breaking up in Vista).The
    > downloading or any activity on the internet seems to effect my sound.
    >
    > Comments
    >
    > Suggestions on possible fixes?

    try new sound card drivers, if avail., I had trouble with my Toshiba
    laptop's sound not long ago and I had tried 3 sound drivers from
    Realtek. None of them worked correctly and I was about to give up,
    wondering if the issue was my hardware. Then Realtek issued yet another
    driver revision and lo and behold, music sounds awesome now. I have the
    model with the harmon kardon branded speakers, so I'm eager for the
    system to output decent sound. This laptop is the best sounding one
    I've heard to date. My wife's Gateway laptop's sound is so tinny,
    sharp, and piercing, that I dunno if either of us would ever notice if
    the software was working correctly or not. :)

    Dave

    David, Sep 20, 2007
  4. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    Hi Carlos
    Asus On board sound AC 97 Via chipset-vt8237. Using drivers installed from
    Microsoft
    I cannot find updated drivers for the on-board sound. I use Nero
    player.Downloaded Media player classic will try it.

    Kue2, Sep 21, 2007
  5. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    Still skips playing mp3 using MCP 64 bit

    Kue2, Sep 21, 2007
  6. Kue2:
    Please provide the exact ASUS motherboard motherboard number.
    If it is an AC97 sound chipset it might be a Realtek one with drivers here:
    http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads...=23&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false
    But then again, it will depend on your exact mobo.
    Try to find as much info as you can of your audio chipset.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Sep 21, 2007
  7. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    Asus K8V Se Deluxe audio chipset Via chipset-vt 8237

    Kue2, Sep 21, 2007
  8. Kue2:
    And that would be "SoundMAX AD1980/AD1888" audio.
    Those drivers are hard to find because ADI doesn't post them in their site
    but rather recommends addressing the mobo manufacturer.
    Can't help you any further, sorry.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Sep 21, 2007
  9. Kue2:
    I think Charlie had an ASUS A8V mobo but don't know whether he installed
    Vista x64 onto it and, consequently, was or was not successful with the audio
    issue.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Sep 21, 2007