    upgrade mine but salesmen all have different stories to tell about whats a
    good one
    thanks

    Rick, May 27, 2004

  2. Rick

    Jerry G. Guest

    I like the SoundBlaster Audology series. It is very good. If you want to go
    very high end, there is the Turtle Beach and others along that line. It all
    depends on your budget and needs.

    --

    Jerry G.
    =====

    where can I learn about different types of sound cards? im looking to

    Jerry G., May 28, 2004

  3. Rick

    tempus fugit Guest

    what do you plan to use it for?

    tempus fugit, May 28, 2004
  4. Rick

    Rick Guest

    I plan on using it for music and games, are the Creative labs sound blaster
    live sound card ok?

    Rick, May 28, 2004
  5. Rick

    Thor Guest

    "Rick" <> wrote in message
    > I plan on using it for music and games, are the Creative labs sound

    blaster
    > live sound card ok?

    Get the SoundBlaster Audigy card. Much nicer than the outdated Live! cards.

    Thor, May 28, 2004
  6. Rick

    ProfGene Guest

    It all depends how good you want to make it and what sounds good to you.
    The very best would be an audio card which is more expensive but picks up
    much more sound and a richer bass sound but if you don't want something that
    good there are many good cards to choose from. An Apex was good but I am
    not sure if they still make cards. Others that were considered good were
    Turtle Beach and there was a Roland but I don't know if they still make any
    cards. Some people go with the Audigy. Are you looking for both good audio
    and good midi well for midi you can check out sampls sounds on the websites
    of companies that provide the midi sounds.

    ProfGene, Jun 1, 2004