    I would like a couple recomendations for sound cards that have XP64 drivers.
    I already know Creative Labs has some, but who else? Nothing too expensive,
    int he 40 to 50 dollar range is fine.

    =?Utf-8?B?RFY=?=, May 10, 2005

  2. Hello,

    You can purchase a Creative Audigy 2 ZS (OEM) for $59 at
    http://www.ictcompany.com/store/productinf_pr.asp?item=SB0350

    Beta drivers for this card can be found at
    http://preview.creativelabs.com/default.aspx with the final drivers
    being available 2005 Q2/Q3.

    Rafael Rivera
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com], May 10, 2005

  3. Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com] wrote:

    > Beta drivers for this card can be found at
    > http://preview.creativelabs.com/default.aspx with the final
    > drivers being available 2005 Q2/Q3.

    Damn. For a short moment I thought that I've found a beta
    driver for my sound card, but it seems that I have to wait :)

    I bought a Creative Audigy 2 NX a couple of weeks back.
    WinXP 64-bit Edition have found it(*) and everything indicates
    that it should work, but there's no sound at all when I turn
    the speakers on (Creative Inspire T7900).

    (*) <http://home18.inet.tele.dk/madsen/winxp64/creative/audigy2nx.png>.

    --
    Regards
    Madsen

    Thomas G. Madsen, May 10, 2005
  4. Hi

    Any other cards besides Creative?

    =?Utf-8?B?RFY=?=, May 10, 2005
  5. My laptop's AC'97 based audio was autodected and works fine with x64.
    --
    Ryan Hoffman
    Extended64.com - http://www.extended64.com

    Windows x64 Support Forums: http://www.extended64.com/Forums/
    Extended64.com's Windows x64 Blogs: http://www.extended64.com/Blogs/

    Ryan Hoffman [Extended64.com], May 10, 2005
  6. By any chance, is the Windows Audio service stopped? You can check by
    going into Control Panel, Switching to "Classic View" -> Administrative
    Tools -> Services. If it's Stopped/Disabled, open up the properies for
    it and set it to automatic (and then start it).

    Ryan Hoffman [Extended64.com], May 10, 2005
  7. My AC97 works fine too & I dont like it. I want to use a sound card, not
    onboard sound.

    I do not want a creative labs card.

    PCI sound cards that work with XP64. I am asking about some brand names of
    Sound Cards that people are using. Cards that actually work in XP64 & that
    have actual 64 bit drivers.

    I'm looking for recomendations?

    Turtle Beach is out, they are not making any 64bit drivers as far as my
    research has come up with.

    M-audio, they seem like they have a good product, but it's only firewire
    cards that for sure works in XP64 with 64bit drivers.

    Creative labs...yes I know they have 64bit drivers for some of their sound
    cards.

    Ok anybody got any more manufactuers or brands that work 100% in X64?

    =?Utf-8?B?RFY=?=, May 10, 2005
  8. =?Utf-8?B?RFY=?=

    Kevin Panzke Guest

    Thanks for the Link, Order Placed.

    "Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com]" <rafael*at*extended64*dot*com> wrote in
    message news:%...

    Kevin Panzke, May 10, 2005
  9. Just wondering...why don't you want a Creative Labs Sound Card? I have
    their cards in all of my desktop PC's and am very happy with them.

    Nicholas D. Ford, May 11, 2005
  10. =?Utf-8?B?RFY=?=

    Edwin M. Guest

    DV wrote:
    > My AC97 works fine too & I dont like it. I want to use a sound card, not
    > onboard sound.
    >
    > I do not want a creative labs card.
    >
    > PCI sound cards that work with XP64. I am asking about some brand names of
    > Sound Cards that people are using. Cards that actually work in XP64 & that
    > have actual 64 bit drivers.
    >
    > I'm looking for recomendations?
    >
    > Turtle Beach is out, they are not making any 64bit drivers as far as my
    > research has come up with.
    >
    > M-audio, they seem like they have a good product, but it's only firewire
    > cards that for sure works in XP64 with 64bit drivers.
    >
    > Creative labs...yes I know they have 64bit drivers for some of their sound
    > cards.
    >
    > Ok anybody got any more manufactuers or brands that work 100% in X64?
    >
    > "Ryan Hoffman [Extended64.com]" wrote:
    >

    >>My laptop's AC'97 based audio was autodected and works fine with x64.
    >>--
    >>Ryan Hoffman
    >>Extended64.com - http://www.extended64.com
    >>
    >>Windows x64 Support Forums: http://www.extended64.com/Forums/
    >>Extended64.com's Windows x64 Blogs: http://www.extended64.com/Blogs/
    >>

    >>DV wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hi
    >>>
    >>>Any other cards besides Creative?

    M-Audio has released beta 64-bit drivers for their entire Delta line of
    audio cards. These are semi-pro cards and are not meant for gaming of
    any sort, but if you are looking for sound recording/mixing capabilities
    or very high quality music listening, you may want to look into them
    (the audiophile 2496 can be found for ~$100 online). Unfourtunately
    they have not released 64-bit drivers for their revolution (5.1 and 7.1)
    series, but you might consider sending them an e-mail to see if they
    have any plans.

    Edwin M., May 11, 2005
  11. Ryan Hoffman [Extended64.com] wrote:

    > By any chance, is the Windows Audio service stopped?

    No it's running and it's set to Automatic.

    --
    Regards
    Madsen

    Thomas G. Madsen, May 11, 2005
  12. Well, I broke down and bought a Creative labs Audigy 2 ZS. After fighting
    with it for a couple hours, it works great. I still miss my turtle beach
    though :(

    But I am happy with my new XP64 rig, now to just get those pesky print
    drivers working.

    =?Utf-8?B?RFY=?=, May 13, 2005