    What do you recommend? Please advice.

    Thanks,

    Rob
    Robert, Jul 11, 2007

  2. Robert

    SoundBytes Guest

    "Robert" <> wrote in message
    news:4694f11e$0$30629$...
    >I have a 2.4 GHz with Windows XP. I am planning to get a new sound card.
    >(The sound card that is currently there came with motherboard and the sound
    >quality is not good) I want to spend not more than $120.
    >

    > What do you recommend? Please advice.
    >

    > Thanks,
    >

    > Rob

    http://us.creative.com/shop/shopcategory.asp?category=1 this is the tyoe of
    card I use and it ibrilliant, I am a musician and find it hard to beat in
    just about every department.

    hope this helps

    SoundBytes
    SoundBytes, Jul 11, 2007

  3. Robert

    Budweiser Guest

    "Robert" <> wrote in message
    >I have a 2.4 GHz with Windows XP. I am planning to get a new sound card.
    >(The sound card that is currently there came with motherboard and the sound
    >quality is not good) I want to spend not more than $120.
    >

    > What do you recommend? Please advice.
    >

    > Thanks,
    >

    > Rob

    Before you rush out and spend dollars etc on a new soundcard, why do you say
    the onboard is bad?
    Granted a dedicated card is better, are you sure it is not your source or
    the speakers/ cable?
    If you go the soundcard route i would recommend the M-Audio range over the
    creative kit.
    Budweiser, Jul 11, 2007
  4. Robert

    Robert Guest

    I have an Asus motherboard (it was one of the best motherboards when I
    bought it about a year ago). But when I set the sound to the max, the sound
    still is very low. That is why I want to change it. Is there a way to
    increase the volume on the Asus motherboard?

    Thanks,

    Rob

    Robert, Jul 12, 2007