    back if possible. Anyone know?

    Thanks
    Tino

    teak, Jun 2, 2004

  2. teak

    AG Guest

    "teak" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > What kind of sound card can one use to run a guitar-Guitar Jack in the
    > back if possible. Anyone know?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Tino

    There are several different cards that have either external boxes that will
    take a guitar plug directly or with an adapter. I have a Hercules that has
    an external break out box that I like quite a bit but it's a bit old. There
    are better cards now.
    I think that the new Sound Blaster Audigy USB model will do what you want.
    I've looked at it but have no real plans to buy right now. Just don't have
    the bucks.
    The nice thing about the ones with the boxes is that you don't have to leave
    it plugged into the back you can easily change to a mike or whatever you
    need to use.
    AG

    AG, Jun 2, 2004

  3. On 2 Jun 2004 12:55:58 -0700, (teak) wrote:

    >What kind of sound card can one use to run a guitar-Guitar Jack in the
    >back if possible. Anyone know?
    >
    >Thanks
    >Tino

    Electric guitar signal levels are a bit stronger than microphone
    levels, but in most cases probably not by enough to overdrive the
    front end of the sound card's input (this could vary for different
    sound cards, of course). If the guitar has a low impedance,
    pre-amplified signal, you could use the line in.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Jun 2, 2004
  4. On Wed, 02 Jun 2004 22:54:30 GMT, Tom MacIntyre
    <> wrote:

    >On 2 Jun 2004 12:55:58 -0700, (teak) wrote:
    >
    >>What kind of sound card can one use to run a guitar-Guitar Jack in the
    >>back if possible. Anyone know?
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >>Tino

    >Electric guitar signal levels are a bit stronger than microphone
    >levels, but in most cases probably not by enough to overdrive the
    >front end of the sound card's input (this could vary for different
    >sound cards, of course). If the guitar has a low impedance,
    >pre-amplified signal, you could use the line in.
    >
    >Tom

    Of course, I neglected to add that one would need a 1/4 inch mono to
    1/8 inch stereo adapter as well. Also, a guitar cord may create a
    serious torque problem on the sound card's solder connections, so a
    wire-based adapter may be advisable.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Jun 3, 2004