    at the mo when I'm on the headsets on the Skype i get to hear myself in
    feedback mode a split second later.

    TIA

    PB, Apr 7, 2006

  2. PB

    PhilT Guest

    PB wrote:

    > How does the PC separate out these 2 demands on services.

    badly, as you have discovered.

    Control Panel / Sounds and Audio devices allows you to select default
    devices separately for Audio (music) and Voice

    individual applications may also have settings to pick their own
    preferred output device.

    Phil

    PhilT, Apr 7, 2006

  3. PB

    PB Guest

    I've ended up taking the soft option....

    PCwith speakers on one PC, skype and headphones on another.

    Thats what I call taking a sledgehammer to crack a nut, but at least I
    don't hear myself twice.

    Lets hope a better solution raises itself as this requirement becomes
    more common

    Thanks for taking the time to reply Phil

    PB, Apr 23, 2006