    with Windows detecting the card and using the Crystal installation
    program. I cannot get Windows to stop installing the second instance of
    the driver. Any ideas?

    mcp6453, Dec 22, 2003

  2. mcp6453

    mark mandel Guest

    "mcp6453" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I have an IBM 6862-Q8U (PIII) with on board Crystal sound. I downloaded
    > the correct Windows 98 drivers from IBM. The sound card works fine, but
    > there are two instances of the WDM Codec driver installed, and one of
    > them has a yellow exclamation point indicating that it is not installed.
    > I've tried removing one at a time, removing both, and reinstalling, but
    > with Windows detecting the card and using the Crystal installation
    > program. I cannot get Windows to stop installing the second instance of
    > the driver. Any ideas?

    Try this in Safe mode to see if it makes a difference.

    Mark Mandell

    mark mandel, Dec 23, 2003

  3. mcp6453

    Jerry G. Guest

    It sounds like it is not the correct driver. Try uninstalling the card
    completely from your hardware profiles. Then on the reboot, you can try to
    reinstall it. I have had this happen if there is a defect in a sound card,
    or the drivers are corrupt, or not right.

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
    WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com