Sounblaster disappeared from Device Manager but showing in System Information

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by MiniEmma, Nov 4, 2005.

  1. MiniEmma

    MiniEmma Guest

    Windows XP sp2
    Soundblaster Live Platinum 5.1

    Our soundblaster card is not showing in the device manager anymore (possibly
    due to installing latest kx drivers over the old ones without uninstalling -
    but possibly that's just a coincidence?)

    It DOES show in System Information and HAS been assigned an IRQ

    It has an error code 39...
    "System Information report written at: 11/04/05 15:11:03
    System Name: GROOVYSLIX
    [Problem Devices]

    Device PNP Device ID Error Code
    kX 10k1 Audio - 5.1 Model SB0060
    PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0002&SUBSYS_80611102&REV_07\3&61AAA01&0&50 39"

    We have tried installing the Creative drivers and the KX Project drivers but
    they don't throw up any errors but they don't seem to apply themselves

    In the Creative Diagnostics it shows as Hardware Detection - Pass,
    everything else fails

    Heeelllpppp please :)
    MiniEmma, Nov 4, 2005

  2. MiniEmma

    old jon Guest

    "MiniEmma" <> wrote in message
    > Windows XP sp2
    > Soundblaster Live Platinum 5.1
    >
    > Our soundblaster card is not showing in the device manager anymore
    > (possibly due to installing latest kx drivers over the old ones without
    > uninstalling - but possibly that's just a coincidence?)
    >
    > It DOES show in System Information and HAS been assigned an IRQ
    >
    > It has an error code 39...
    > "System Information report written at: 11/04/05 15:11:03
    > System Name: GROOVYSLIX
    > [Problem Devices]
    >
    > Device PNP Device ID Error Code
    > kX 10k1 Audio - 5.1 Model SB0060
    > PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0002&SUBSYS_80611102&REV_07\3&61AAA01&0&50 39"
    >
    > We have tried installing the Creative drivers and the KX Project drivers
    > but they don't throw up any errors but they don't seem to apply themselves
    >
    > In the Creative Diagnostics it shows as Hardware Detection - Pass,
    > everything else fails
    >
    > Heeelllpppp please :)

    Add\Remve programs. remove SB and KX if listed.
    Device Manager, uninstall SB and KX. Restart computer and reinstall SB.
    Check whether KX works with SB, or instead of.
    bw..OJ
    old jon, Nov 4, 2005

  3. MiniEmma

    MiniEmma Guest

    "old jon" <> wrote in message

    > "MiniEmma" <> wrote in message
    >> Windows XP sp2
    >> Soundblaster Live Platinum 5.1
    >>
    >> Our soundblaster card is not showing in the device manager anymore
    >> (possibly due to installing latest kx drivers over the old ones without
    >> uninstalling - but possibly that's just a coincidence?)
    >>
    >> It DOES show in System Information and HAS been assigned an IRQ
    >>
    >> It has an error code 39...
    >> "System Information report written at: 11/04/05 15:11:03
    >> System Name: GROOVYSLIX
    >> [Problem Devices]
    >>
    >> Device PNP Device ID Error Code
    >> kX 10k1 Audio - 5.1 Model SB0060
    >> PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0002&SUBSYS_80611102&REV_07\3&61AAA01&0&50 39"
    >>
    >> We have tried installing the Creative drivers and the KX Project drivers
    >> but they don't throw up any errors but they don't seem to apply
    >> themselves
    >>
    >> In the Creative Diagnostics it shows as Hardware Detection - Pass,
    >> everything else fails
    >>
    >> Heeelllpppp please :)
    >>

    > Add\Remve programs. remove SB and KX if listed.

    Already Done - so man y times <rolls eyes>

    > Device Manager, uninstall SB and KX. Restart computer and reinstall SB.

    Can't - there's nothing SB or KX show in Device Manager

    > Check whether KX works with SB, or instead of.

    KX works intsead of

    > bw..OJ

    thanks :)
    MiniEmma, Nov 4, 2005
  4. MiniEmma

    MiniEmma Guest

    "MiniEmma" <> wrote in message
    > Windows XP sp2
    > Soundblaster Live Platinum 5.1
    >
    > Our soundblaster card is not showing in the device manager anymore
    > (possibly due to installing latest kx drivers over the old ones without
    > uninstalling - but possibly that's just a coincidence?)
    >
    > It DOES show in System Information and HAS been assigned an IRQ
    >
    > It has an error code 39...
    > "System Information report written at: 11/04/05 15:11:03
    > System Name: GROOVYSLIX
    > [Problem Devices]
    >
    > Device PNP Device ID Error Code
    > kX 10k1 Audio - 5.1 Model SB0060
    > PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0002&SUBSYS_80611102&REV_07\3&61AAA01&0&50 39"
    >
    > We have tried installing the Creative drivers and the KX Project drivers
    > but they don't throw up any errors but they don't seem to apply themselves
    >
    > In the Creative Diagnostics it shows as Hardware Detection - Pass,
    > everything else fails
    >
    > Heeelllpppp please :)

    On further investigation we have found that both our SB cards have the same
    problem on that pc

    and we have just put a brand new install of XP on a brand new drive on that
    pc and the SB shows in the Device Manager

    So I deduce that it is an XP problem

    any ideas on how to solve it will be gratefully received :)
    MiniEmma, Nov 4, 2005
  5. MiniEmma

    old jon Guest

    "MiniEmma" <> wrote in message

    > "MiniEmma" <> wrote in message
    >> Windows XP sp2
    >> Soundblaster Live Platinum 5.1
    >>
    >> Our soundblaster card is not showing in the device manager anymore
    >> (possibly due to installing latest kx drivers over the old ones without
    >> uninstalling - but possibly that's just a coincidence?)

    Snipped some

    > So I deduce that it is an XP problem
    >
    > any ideas on how to solve it will be gratefully received :)

    have you got a creative folder on the machine with programs in ?.
    I still reckon you`ll have to uninstall the software. Restart the machine,
    and let XP find the `new hardware` then point it to the files you want
    installed ie Cd or whatever.
    I still use an old Creative live platinum card, and I had to find some
    drivers from, would you believe, Compaq. It can be hard work, but it`s worth
    it once you get it sorted.
    bw..OJ
    old jon, Nov 4, 2005
  6. MiniEmma

    MiniEmma Guest

    "old jon" <> wrote in message

    > "MiniEmma" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "MiniEmma" <> wrote in message
    >>> Windows XP sp2
    >>> Soundblaster Live Platinum 5.1
    >>>
    >>> Our soundblaster card is not showing in the device manager anymore
    >>> (possibly due to installing latest kx drivers over the old ones without
    >>> uninstalling - but possibly that's just a coincidence?)
    >>>

    > Snipped some
    >>
    >> So I deduce that it is an XP problem
    >>
    >> any ideas on how to solve it will be gratefully received :)

    > have you got a creative folder on the machine with programs in ?.
    > I still reckon you`ll have to uninstall the software. Restart the machine,
    > and let XP find the `new hardware` then point it to the files you want
    > installed ie Cd or whatever.
    > I still use an old Creative live platinum card, and I had to find some
    > drivers from, would you believe, Compaq. It can be hard work, but it`s
    > worth it once you get it sorted.
    > bw..OJ

    thanks again but absolutely everything with regard to any sound drivers or
    software has been unintsalled

    windows does not 'add new hardware' not matter what we do :(

    we've decided to use the newly installed drive (which we were keeping as a
    blank for installation of BFD software) and wipe the old one and make that
    our blank drive)

    thanks anyway

    :)

    MiniEmma, Nov 4, 2005