    --
    -------------------------------
    Patrick D. Rockwell

    Patrick D. Rockwell, Jun 16, 2004

  2. Patrick D. Rockwell

    Martik Guest

    "Patrick D. Rockwell" <> wrote in message
    > Is there a program or way to sort text files in Windows XP? I tried the
    > sort
    > command in Dos, but Windows XP's Dos box doesn't seem to have it.

    Should be there, it's part of XP in c:\windows\system32\sort.exe

    Martik, Jun 17, 2004

  3. Thanks.

    --
    -------------------------------
    Patrick D. Rockwell

    Patrick D. Rockwell, Jun 17, 2004
  4. Patrick D. Rockwell

    Harry Tuttle Guest

    "Martik" <martik@_nospam_telus.net> wrote in message news:F87Ac.47891$eA.15264@clgrps13...

    > "Patrick D. Rockwell" <> wrote in message
    > > Is there a program or way to sort text files in Windows XP? I tried the
    > > sort
    > > command in Dos, but Windows XP's Dos box doesn't seem to have it.

    > Should be there, it's part of XP in c:\windows\system32\sort.exe

    It's there, just go to a dos box and type sort /? and it gives you
    the list of options. The one thing I don't like is that the sort
    command can't handle foreign characters (á, ü, etc.) so the sorted
    list contains different characters. This makes it impossible for
    me to generate lists of things like my Spanish mp3s which use
    accented characters. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

    Harry Tuttle, Aug 19, 2004
  5. Patrick D. Rockwell

    Aquila Deus Guest

    "Harry Tuttle" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > "Martik" <martik@_nospam_telus.net> wrote in message news:F87Ac.47891$eA.15264@clgrps13...
    > >
    > > "Patrick D. Rockwell" <> wrote in message
    > > > Is there a program or way to sort text files in Windows XP? I tried the
    > > > sort
    > > > command in Dos, but Windows XP's Dos box doesn't seem to have it.

    > > Should be there, it's part of XP in c:\windows\system32\sort.exe

    > It's there, just go to a dos box and type sort /? and it gives you
    > the list of options. The one thing I don't like is that the sort
    > command can't handle foreign characters (á, ü, etc.) so the sorted
    > list contains different characters. This makes it impossible for
    > me to generate lists of things like my Spanish mp3s which use
    > accented characters. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

    Don't expect any unix/dos shit can deal with that. You may have to use
    simple script languages such as python.

    Aquila Deus, Aug 19, 2004