    --
    Sandy Archer
    Reply to newsgroups only
    Ardent, Oct 25, 2003

  2. Ardent

    Clanger Guest

    Adaptec CD Creator (Roxio) allows you to put them in any order you want.
    Drag and drop.

    Clanger, Oct 25, 2003

  3. >Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 00:31:35 GMT
    >From: Ardent
    >Newsgroups: alt.comp.freeware, alt.computer

    >Hi Folks
    >
    >Is there a burning utility or front end that will help me sort mp3
    >files before burning a CD?
    >
    >I have six folders each containing eight songs each. I want the
    >folders and the songs in them in a particular sequence.
    >
    >Thanks for any suggestion

    You could use Windows Explorer and rename them adding a letter or number
    combination so they would fall into a sort order.

    - -- - -- - --
    -- - -- - - -- - - - -- - - -- --
    - -- - - - -- - -- - -- -- -- -- - -- -
    --
    Necessity is the Mother of invention.

    I'd tell you a secret, but it wouldn't be a secret anymore.
    caveat lector - reader beware, Oct 25, 2003
  4. Ardent

    dadiOH Guest

    Clanger wrote:
    > Adaptec CD Creator (Roxio) allows you to put them in any order you
    > want. Drag and drop.

    Only for a music CD. I think the OP wants a data CD with MP3s on them in a
    particular sequence. For that, he needs to prefix the file names with
    numbers so they will sort in the desired order.
    --
    dadiOH
    _____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.0...
    Get it at http://www.gbronline.com/xico/
    _________________________________
    dadiOH, Oct 25, 2003
  5. Ardent

    Roger RamJet Guest

    On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 09:58:32 -0400, "dadiOH" <> wrote:

    >Clanger wrote:
    >> Adaptec CD Creator (Roxio) allows you to put them in any order you
    >> want. Drag and drop.

    >Only for a music CD. I think the OP wants a data CD with MP3s on them in a
    >particular sequence. For that, he needs to prefix the file names with
    >numbers so they will sort in the desired order.

    I see. Two solutions:

    Irfanview batch rename
    http://www.irfanview.com/
    or
    MP3renamer
    http://www.codevisions.de/mp3renamer/readme.html

    Is there anything Irfanviewer won't do? ;-)
    Roger RamJet, Oct 25, 2003
  6. Ardent

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    Roger RamJet <> wrote in

    > Is there anything Irfanviewer won't do? ;-)

    It's never made me a fresh pot of coffee.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk (actually me)
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)
    DeMoN LaG, Oct 25, 2003
  7. Ardent

    Ardent Guest

    On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 09:58:32 -0400, "dadiOH" <> wrote:

    >Only for a music CD. I think the OP wants a data CD with MP3s on them in a
    >particular sequence. For that, he needs to prefix the file names with
    >numbers so they will sort in the desired order.

    Thanks, dadiOH, that may work. Let me cut the CD and see.

    --
    Sandy Archer
    Reply to newsgroups only
    Ardent, Oct 29, 2003
  8. Ardent

    Night_Seer Guest

    Ardent wrote:

    > On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 09:58:32 -0400, "dadiOH" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Only for a music CD. I think the OP wants a data CD with MP3s on
    >> them in a particular sequence. For that, he needs to prefix the
    >> file names with numbers so they will sort in the desired order.

    > Thanks, dadiOH, that may work. Let me cut the CD and see.

    If you have more than 10 files use 01, 02, 03, 04, 05,...10 numbering
    sequence
    If you have more than 100 files use 001, 002, 003, 004,
    005,...010,...100 numbering sequence

    Otherwise it won't work as you expected

    --
    Night_Seer