    Is there a way to override this behaviour and either (for preference) make
    it remember how the file open/save dialog was last sorted or (as a last
    resort) make it always sort in name order?
    =?Utf-8?B?R3JhaGFt?=, Jan 28, 2006

  2. Which applications is this occuring in?
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa, Jan 28, 2006

  3. Everything.

    =?Utf-8?B?R3JhaGFt?=, Jan 28, 2006
  4. It's not necessarily a 64 bit Windows thing. A colleague of mine has the
    same behavior on his XP Pro machine. The file selector box displays in a
    ssemingly random order. Often but not always. He needs to show details and
    sort by name to straighten it out. Haven't seen it elsewhere....

    Dennis Gordon, Jan 28, 2006