Sorry to break the news, but looks like all of those warnings were real! The

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Clint Kent, Apr 20, 2007.

  1. Clint Kent

    Clint Kent Guest

    Sorry to break the news, but looks like all of those warnings were real! The
    use of msn and mail will cost money from summer 2007. If you send this
    message to 18 different people from your list your little msn icon will
    become blue and that will make it free for you. If you dont believe me go on
    (www.msn.com) and see it yourself. Dont foward this message, copy paste it
    so people will actually read it.

    Hey it is Andy and john the directors of MSN, sorry for the interruption but
    msn is closing down. this is because too many inconsiderate people are
    taking up all the name (eg making up lots of different accounts for just one
    person), we only have 578 names left. If you would like to close your
    account, DO NOT SEND THIS MESSAGE ON. If you would like to keep your
    account, then SEND THIS MESSAGE TO EVERYONE ON YOUR CONTACT LIST. This is no
    joke, we will be shutting down the servers. Send it on, thanks.

    WHO EVER DOES NOT SEND THIS MESSEAGE, YOUR ACCOUNT WILL BE CLOSED AND YOU
    WILL COST ?0.00 A MONTH TO USE. SEND THIS TO EVERYONE ON YOUR CONTACT
    LIST.NOW YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO. PLEASE DO NOT FORWARD THIS or REPLAY.COPY THE
    WHOLE EMAIL. GO BACK TO YOUR INBOX AND CLICK ON NEW. AND PASTE THANK YOU FOR
    YOUR ATTENTION

    hey everyone, i dont normally send this sort of stuff out but had a look on
    the internet and its actually true . On the 30th of november , we will have
    to pay for the use of our MSN and email accounts unless we send this message
    to at least 18 contacts on your contact list. It's no joke if you don't
    believe me then go to the site
    (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/1189119.stm) and see for yourself.
    Anyways once you've sent this message to at least 18 contacts,your msn dude
    will become blue. please copy and paste don't forward cos people won't take
    notice of it

    http://www.msn.txt4content.com/

    Clint Kent, Apr 20, 2007

  2. Re: Sorry to break the news, but looks like all of those warningswere real! The

    Clint Kent wrote:
    > Sorry to break the news, but looks like all

    Sorry, but I need a nap.

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Apr 20, 2007

  3. Clint Kent

    Janice Guest

    yeah yeah!

    Janice, Apr 20, 2007
  4. Clint Kent

    Ponder Guest

    Ponder, Apr 20, 2007
  5. Clint Kent

    kraftee Guest

    Clint Kent wrote:
    > Sorry to break the news, but looks like all of those warnings were
    > real! The use of msn and mail will cost money from summer 2007.

    Cutting the bullshit..

    Quote from the BBC report which was mentioned....

    Microsoft stresses that the site's core facilities including Hotmail
    will remain free.

    Fees will be demanded for extra services that are now under
    development, such as an advanced filter system to protect email
    accounts from junk mail

    Say's it all really, standard is free, if you want some flashing half
    working bits to play with you will be charged.

    kraftee, Apr 20, 2007
  6. Is this really true because my cousin uses hotmail and it is the only email
    address she has?
    I checked MSN and can't see any info on this.

    Tammy Shields, Apr 20, 2007
  7. Clint Kent

    Aardvark Guest

    On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 21:21:59 +0000, Tammy Shields wrote:

    > Is this really true because my cousin uses hotmail and it is the only email
    > address she has?
    > I checked MSN and can't see any info on this.

    Does the expression 'urban myth' ring any bells?

    Moron.

    --
    Registered Linux User 413057.
    Both Mandriva 2007 and Ubuntu 6.06

    Aardvark, Apr 20, 2007
  8. On 2007-04-20, in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, Tammy Shields waxed eloquently:
    > Is this really true because my cousin uses hotmail and it is the only email
    > address she has?
    > I checked MSN and can't see any info on this.

    It must be true - I saw it on the Internet.....

    --
    The Old Sourdough
    Knowledge is power -- knowledge shared is power lost.

    The Old Sourdough, Apr 20, 2007
  9. Clint Kent

    Ponder Guest

    In message CPaWh.1827$, Aardvark wrote:

    >> Is this really true because my cousin uses hotmail and it is the only email
    >> address she has?
    >> I checked MSN and can't see any info on this.

    > Does the expression 'urban myth' ring any bells?

    It wasn't an urban myth as such, they did start charging for some
    services. More an over-sensationalist exaggeration ;)

    --
    PGP key ID - DSS:0x2661A952

    Ponder, Apr 21, 2007
  10. Clint Kent

    Vanguard Guest

    "Clint Kent" wrote in message
    > Sorry to break the news, ...

    <snip - another clueless luser>

    From yet another boob that thinks URLs *displayed* in HTML-formatted
    e-mails are always the same as the true URL for the link. Wonder which
    phish site he went to.

    Vanguard, Apr 21, 2007
  11. Clint Kent

    Aardvark Guest

    On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 17:06:43 -0500, The Old Sourdough wrote:

    > On 2007-04-20, in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, Tammy Shields waxed eloquently:
    >> Is this really true because my cousin uses hotmail and it is the only email
    >> address she has?
    >> I checked MSN and can't see any info on this.
    >>

    > It must be true - I saw it on the Internet.....

    LOL Pierre Salinger is still alive and kicking, I see. :)

    Aardvark, Apr 21, 2007